Chapter 2

"What? Shiva is getting engaged?" yelled Raavi angrily tears welling up in her eyes. Why did he find it so easy to give up on her? First, he pushed her away after high school, then divorce papers, then now this. She wasn't even going to touch her fool's errand trying to marry Dev and how Shiva had behaved.

"I don't think it's a real engagement – that would be illegal. Its just one of those promissory events... I think" said Anita to pacify Raavi. She hadn't expected her sister to have such an extreme reaction. The emotion in Raavi's eyes scared her.

As soon as Raavi came back home with Hetal, Raavi found out from Anita that Shiva was getting engaged today. Yeh shayad Suman Kaki ka hi plan hai, Raavi thought to herself. Raavi had to gone to meet Hetal at Keshod and bring her back to Somnath. She was her closest friend, who knew every detail of her life to try and make sense of multitude of emotions she experienced daily ever since she got married to Shiva. They talked about her lack of impulse control in general and utter lack of emotional control when it came to Shiva, and how she had stupidly agreed to marry Dev and the divorce. Hetal had actually laughed when she explained how she had almost ended up marrying Dev.

She recollected her conversation with Hetal. Raavi, you and Dev? He only came in to help you when you were fighting with Shiva. At best he was someone you had a crush on cuz he was older, and cooler. And, you... you aren't someone to fall for someone like Dev. Lets be honest...you like'em big, brooding, mean. Someone you can sweet talk right into being a big softie just for you. And by now, isn't it obvious who is your type now?

Hetal had point blank asked if she ever truly loved Dev or if it was one of her more impulse reactions to Shiva not reacting the way she had hoped when she came back to Somnath. She had looked away, not wanting to give a voice to Hetal's questions.

Now, finding out about Suman Kaki's plans to get Shiva remarried was the last straw for her. She was enraged at Shiva that he didn't try to stop this sham engagement. He was still married to her for gods 'sakes. Did he find it such a chore to be with her? Deciding enough was enough she made her way to Pandya Niwas to find her husband. Somewhere her saner inner self told her to slow down, consider her options, but she shoved aside that sensible side, and marched in to set her husband straight.

"SHIVA!" Raavi yelled stepping into Pandya Niwas. She didn't care her husband was a Chattan Pandya. Handsome. Dark. Muscular. Physically imposing. Intimidating. Man of few words. She was Raavi, after all. If she had to, she would literally knock sense into him.

Shiva turned, put down the mike and projector wires, and leaned against the wall beside the swing watching as Raavi stormed in like an angry fairy, her hair flying around, her nose upturned and red. Despite that his heart started beating faster, and he felt his ears turn hot; he hoped against hope that she came to stop this stupid event tonight, just like his dream couple of nights ago. Schooling his features, he wore bored expression, and drawled, "Kya hai, Chipkali? Kyun chilla rahi hai? Wapas kab aayi?"

"Oh, nothing much, except you are getting ENGAGED!" Raavi said angrily.

"So? Are you going try and stop it?" drawled Shiva. He knew he shouldn't goad her. Raavi was capable of extreme measures when she was pushed to her limits.

Not wanting to give him an inch, Raavi took a deep breath, and sarcastically said, "No, why should I stop it? Did you expect me to stop it? I expected you to move on, I'll admit that, but the fact that you have moved on so quickly before our divorce has taken me by surprise. Chalo, koi nahi¸ I can't wait to meet her. From an ex-wife's perspective, I am dying to tell her all about you."

"Oh ya? kya bolegi gadehdi? Mujhe bhi pata na!" Shiva cocked his head, crossed his arms pretending an extreme interest in their conversation. Though he was disappointed Raavi hadn't come guns ablaze to stop this madness, mentally Shiva also thanked his lucky stars that Raavi didn't know he was planning to tell this girl to break off the whole alliance.