Chapter 44 (Epilogue Series 2)

A/N 18+ ish... Read at your discretion

          Raavi stepped out of their ensuite washroom, and into their bedroom wearing her usual kurti and pants, ready to settle down for the night with Shiva. Propped up against the headboard, Shiva looked at her and smiled, tugging on her arm, "Hmm... Honey Almond body butter, my favorite. Are you excited for tomorrow?"

She snuggled sideways into his arms, and nodded, "I am excited for my twenty-sixth birthday. Do you have a gift for me?"

Two years since their marriage and tomorrow was his Raavi's birthday on July 7th, 2023. In these two years, she had made him so happy, thinking back it felt surreal. They had of course their shares of fights and arguments but on the whole, she was the light of his life. Kissing her belly, and giving her a glass of warm cardamom-cinnamon milk, Shiva nodded, "Is that the only thing you are excited for?"

After she finished her drink, he pulled her closer so she could straddle his lap and hug him. Reaching to the side table, "I just want to remind you, you absolutely do NOT deserve a gift, after your little stunt on my birthday."

On his birthday, March 31st, 2023, she had offered an incentive scheme, 'Wish Shiva a happy birthday and get 1 kg bag of rice for free.' Needless to say, the word had spread like wildfire, and he had been harassed with good wishes to point of pure vexation, so much so that he had spent hours in the evening in their ensuite washroom much to everyone's amusement.

Raavi pouted. Was it her fault she loved to celebrate his birthday? His birthday was the best day of her life. She hadn't expected it to get so out of hand when people came by multiple times to wish him only to take free rice home. Or the amount of people showed up. Hetal had joked, Ye Shiva kam Somnath ka sasta Shah Rukh Khan lag raha hai. "Isme meri kya galti hai? I love you and your birthday."

Shiva kissed her pout, "Haar saal bawaal khada karti hai. Lekin, chal, iss bar maine tujhe maaf kiya. Tu bhi kya yaad rakhegi." He positively gleamed when he said, "Tu agle saal ye sab nahi kar payegi!"

She looked at him reproachfully, "Tu dekh main kya karti hoon. Bhoothnath kahinka. Ab zyada ched maat...Mera gift kahan hai?" He looked at her and gave her a small gift box. She opened it and it was a paw print shaped pendant on a dainty necklace.

He looked at her, "Happy birthday, Mama," his hand resting on low on her belly where their four-week-old child was growing.

She hugged him tightly, "This is so, so, so beautiful. Tu hi pehena de."

After Shiva clasped the pendant on her, resting her forehead against his, "I am so happy Shiva. Humara baby...Tu bandar papa, main chipkali mama." Cupping his face, she said, "I never thought I could love someone as much I love you, but your little bean pole is proving me wrong. I love our baby so much already..." Unable to speak, Shiva nodded, rubbing his nose against hers, wiping her tears.

A week ago, after hanging out with Ronny during his visit to Somnath, Raavi had come to him complaining her period was late, which only meant one thing: she was pregnant.

Rolling his eyes at how many times she had claimed she was or thought she was pregnant; he asked her, "Tu, pregnant? Phirse? Kabse?"

Raavi innocently said, "Yahin kuch 10-15 din se! Tu ye period tracker toh dekh!! We have been trying for the past six months, ye toh hona hi tha!"

"Dekh, main tujhe aur uss uble hue paratha Ronny ko parson bubble tea ke liye leke gaya?" he had asked her. She nodded.

"Humne phirse woh Kal Ho Na Ho movie dekhi? Tum DONO ne roh roh ke mera dimag kharab kiya?" he had asked her. She nodded.