Chapter 10

Dhara, Suman and Gaumbi gave each other significant looks, everything they were seeing sent off warning bells in their heads. Things they should have known about before, but here they were, with these two goofballs having made a mess of their lives and relationship. Nevertheless, they fixed their eyes back to the screen, as Raavi and Krish's comically altered face loomed in the projector screen.

"Dekh, ye filter use karega, toh, you will look like a unicorn, but swipe left, you have animal filter. But you can combine the effects and the filters...Then you hit the send button above to send to your friends."

"Raavi Di, apka phone bahut cool hai. Ma aur Gaumbi said I have to wait another year before I get a cell phone..." said Krish wistfully, before turning on his puppy dog eyes and asking if he could play with her phone.

Just then Shiva barged into Raavi's room, in his sweats and ganji. Raavi slid off her bed, walking to him, and said "Shiva? Kya kar raha yahan?"

Krish holding the phone was recording them, quietly whispered, "ab bomb phootega...dekhte rahiye Star Plus pe" and giggled at his own wittiness. With Raavi's back to the camera, Shiva's stormy face conveyed his annoyance at her.

"Where do I start?" said Shiva sarcastically, ignoring Krish, starting to tick off a laundry list of items that bothered him about her.

"First, Don't touch my stuff - you rearranged my cupboard, again, and now, I can't find my soccer uniform."

"Mujhe faila hua cupboard nahi pasand. How can you even FIND your stuff in that mess? Phatichar kahinka" countered Raavi.

"Apna gyaan apne paas rakh, mujhe ab soccer practice ke liye late ho raha hai, abhi mujhe mera soccer ka uniform nikal ke de" said an annoyed Shiva, ready to drag her out of her room.

"Take my organizational tips.... And if you looked carefully, your soccer uniform is in the bottom drawer. Iss nek bande ko thank you bolne ki bajah, tu saasuma ki tarah nooks nikal raha hai."

"Saasuma? Main tujhe daily soap ki saasuma lagta hoon?" he huffed angrily, as she nodded earnestly as Krish giggled in the background. "Haan, bhai, I agree with Raavi Di. You sound like Kokila ben from Saath Nibhana Saathiya, scolding her bahus."

He threw a wayward glare at Krish, took a deep breath, and asked, "Second, you didn't come to school today, and why is that?"

Raavi went on her tippytoes and whispered something in his ear, and he nodded understanding, immediately. But he continued berating her, "Third, because you didn't show up, you almost missed campus visit made today by one of your shortlisted universities."

"How do you know my shortlisted universities?" asked Raavi curiously.

"Gadedhi...tu woh sab chod..." started Shiva, but seeing her mulish expression, he said, "tu aur Hetal yehi bak bak toh karte rehte ho."

"Its not at the top of my list," said Raavi shrugging, implying she didn't worry too much about missing the campus visit, "but what do you mean almost..."

At Shiva's silence, she pressed, "Almost...?"

At his continued silence, Raavi threatened, "Shiva, tell me, otherwise, I will organize the shit of your room... I am warning you now. Forget your soccer uniform, you will need a flow chart to find your bloody school bag."

That did the trick, because he casually said, "Someone accidentally dropped the soccer ball, then he tripped, kicking it across the Main Hall where they were set up for campus visit...so naturally due to the resulting chaos, they will have to come back next week, and share space with another university."