Chapter 3

A few seconds later the lights turned on, brightening the whole house. Deafening silence filled Pandya Niwas for minutes. Slowly, Shiva, Raavi both turned around, and saw...

"HETAL?"

"DHARA DI, GAUMBI, RISHITA?" gulped Raavi. Shiva looked up shocked. His peripheral vision cleared, and he saw behind them---

"MA, MAAMI???"

They both looked at each other and said in unison "aap sab ne kitne baatein suni?"

After a moments silence, volley of voices flowed together, all over each other.

"What took you so long Raavi?"

"What happened before Graduation?"

"Did you guys really dent my bike?"

"Suman ben, aapki nayi bahu kahan hai, bhai?

"yeh kahan kya ho raha hai?"

Shiva and Raavi looked at each other, scared and irritated. Instinctively, Raavi knew if she didn't try to make a run for it, all her, no, their secrets would spill like vegetables from a torn plastic bag in front of their families. She would rather avoid that and have her hair pulled out one by one, if its all the same. Hey Bholenath, yeh kya kiya? She looked around to the shocked, curious faces around her. She mentally calculated, she could easily go to their, no Shiva, no THEIR room, get out the window, and make it back to her room in Prafulla Maasi's house and lock herself in, if she made a dash for it. Tomorrow, she would act as if they were crazy. Or pretend she banged her head somewhere and forgot last nights events. Consequences be damned. She had to act fast. She mentally counted to 5, screamed "LOOK THERE" and tried to make a run for their room.

The family was momentarily distracted, but not Hetal or Shiva. They knew her playbook too well. Hetal just yelled "Shiva, pakad", and automatically, Shiva grabbed and yanked her back by the waist. "ayy gadedhi, yeh sab raita phailake, tu bhagna chahti hai? Sehchu kahinki" whispered Shiva angrily.

Setting Raavi down, Shiva cleared his throat, and asked, "Ho-how much did you all hear?" He would work with the information they gave him.

"EVERTYHING" Dhara, Gautam and Rishita of them said in unison.

"What's all this Shiva? You and Raavi skipped school and went to see romantic movies? Pyar karta hai tu isse?" asked Suman confused, her eyes going from Shiva to Raavi trying to discern what was happening.

"Everybody, stop!!" Hetal said authoritatively which took everybody by surprise. "Pehle gale lag" pulling Shiva and Raavi into a hug. Taking a deep breath, she said, "ab bata, kya hua?"

"Excuse me, pehle aap apna introduction toh do." said Rishita, though she figured everyone to varying degrees knew Hetal.

"Oh ya, I am Hetal. Shiva, Raavi and I have been friends since Grade 9. I went away to University of Ahmedabad with Raavi to study in their first ever filmmaking program and then have been working on projects in India, USA, UK. I just came back with Raavi to Somnath." said Hetal

Happy that Hetal was back in Somnath, "Come here..." said Dhara pulling Hetal into a hug

"You know Rishita, Hetal is very passionate about filmmaking. We would depend on her to capture all of our special and even some embarrassing moments on her phone. Ab bhi wohi phone, camera laptop leke ghumti ho kya?" asked Dhara.

"Yup, still at it." chuckled Hetal. Oh Dhara Bhabhi, you don't know half of it... Hetal thought to herself. She turned to Rishita and explained "My mom was always sick due to weak immune system and couldn't participate in any events, small, or big in my life. So, after I moved to Somnath, my dad gifted me a phone, camera, laptop and told me to record everything and then show it to mom. Then that got me interested in photography and filmmaking and here I am working all over the world."