Chapter 47 (Epilogue Series 5)

A/N Mature content. Reader Discretion advised.

***

"Apne phone main ghus jaa, chipkali," said Shiva, walking into their room, an hour after the boys went to sleep on March 30th, 2031. His brothers snared him to catch him up on monthly performance of their stores across Gujarat, before he could make his way into his room and wife at 11 PM.

His Chipkali was sitting cross-legged in the middle of the bed, engrossed in her phone. In the last ten years, they had established their own routines, and one of them was always waiting for each other before going to sleep, even if they had a fight. It touched his heart, no matter how tired his dobi was, she would always wait for him, so they could snuggle, talk and make love.

Raavi looked up from her phone, her eyes glassy with tears, she hoarsely whispered, "I am going through photos of you, bandar."

Sitting down across Raavi, he wrapped his arms around her, "Sweetheart...let me love you."

"Ye dekh Shiva, jab hum teenagers the," showing him a picture of themselves at sixteen or so, lying down with their legs off her bed in Prafulla's house, likely doing homework. "It still makes my heartbeat fast knowing you loved me then."

Dropping a kiss to her forehead, he whispered "Always, baby girl."

Swiping right, she showed him another photo of them at 8 years old, wearing birthday hats, "Look at this one, you were so cute! Next year, Dhruv will be the same age as you in this picture. My jungle boy looks just like you."

Kneeling on the bed, she hugged him tightly, "Tu mera sab kuch hai Shiva." Kissing his cheek, she whispered, "I can't believe you will be 34 in less than an hour."

Holding her, he said, "I love you the most Chipkali, pann, kya hua, sweetheart? Bachche keh rahe the, tu kal phut phut ke roh rahi thi, aaj main khud dekha... you just feel different, baby girl."

Raavi didn't say anything save for burying herself deeper in his arms and repeatedly saying, "I love you, and I am so excited to give your gift."

"I love you more, Chipkali."

A few minutes later, she looked up at him, "Shiva, take me on a date."

"Abhi?" he asked her.

Raavi nodded, "I want to give your birthday present at midnight."

Shiva disentangled himself from her, took out his bike keys, opened the windows and said, "Get dressed and let's have a beach date, baby girl."

Raavi wore his dark green St. Mary's sweatshirt with leggings, brushed her hair giving herself a side part, layered on her north star earrings, lotus flower necklace and two paw print pendants each symbolising Dhruv and Akash. Taking her crossbody bag and asked, "Kaisi lag rahi hoon?"

"Ek number... ek dum chipkaliyon ki beauty queen lag rahi hai," he said, wrapping his arms around her waist, pulling her to stand atop his feet, and kissing the moles on her cheek. His beautiful chipkali, Raavi still turned heads wherever she went. To him, she was still the sweet dobi who always made his heart do a weird loop every time she was near him. The sweet curve of her lips tilting up in a smile, her eyes twinkling in joy, the purity of her heart, the way she always stood by him, she would always be his sweetheart, his soul's wife. None of that had changed.

"SHIVA!" said Raavi, shaking him, "Kahan kho gaya?" asked Raavi, puzzled.

Tujh main kho gaya, Chipkali. Clearing his throat, he pecked her nose and said, "Lets go!"