Chapter 36

A/N - 18+ Content. Reader Discretion Advised. 

The next day, on a Sunday, Raavi woke up much later, a little before Noon, Shiva was still fast asleep. Her head on his chest, fingers clutching his pendant and legs thrown carelessly over his, she was held tightly against his chest, wrapped in blankets and his arms.

Last night, after loving her so tenderly and beautifully, he had her taken to the balcony overlooking the city skyline. He wrapped their naked bodies in large, fluffy blankets, they had just stood there taking in the night sky, he had shown her the scattering of stars, and kissed her as the sun arose. Then, mumbling about the piece of paper she had found at the abandoned property of Patel Nagar, he had just fallen asleep.

Seeing her parents name on the old paper, he was convinced it did mean something significant and had taken it upon himself to figure out the meaning behind it. Turning slightly, she laid on her side to fully see her Shiva. A sweet wave of tenderness washed over her, as she saw him fast asleep, his hair mussed and spilling all over his forehead, his jaw relaxed, and...was a smile? Her adorable bandar. Resisting the urge to kiss that smile, and demand that he tell her what was making him smile so cutely; she settled on taking a photo of him on her phone and kissing that instead.

She thought back to the last few transformative, magical days of her life; only Shiva could make her feel as if she was the most loved, treasured, and special chipkali in the world. In the glory of his love, Raavi realized she was changing, becoming a better version of herself, secure, more confident and accepting of herself. She no longer feared that all her relationships so fragile they could be taken away from her anytime, because he showed her, she was his priority, the #1 person in his life. Well, he has done more than that, gadhedi. The depth of his love gave her the courage to be herself, not conform to anyone's version of Raavi, and in return he pulled love so deep inside her, all she yearned to do was shower him with endless supply of it. All of their firsts, some of their lasts but the constant in their lives would always be their undying love for each other.

Not wanting to disturb him, she wiggled out of his hold, as slowly and gently as she could, and left to get dressed for the day. Raavi stepped out of the washroom freshly showered in fitted electric blue pants, and long embroidered peach kurta with long side slits that went inches above her belly button. She put her usual makeup – bindi, tinted lip balm, and eye liner, and brushed out her wet hair. She looked at Shiva, thinking to herself, ye bhoothnath abhi bhi ghode baech ke so raha hai.

She laid down beside him, very gently pushed back the hair on his forehead. She leaned forward, extending herself to his ears and whispered, "Shiva, wake up." When her Chattan Pandya didn't so much move, she tried again.

Seeing that he was in deep slumber, she pressed close, her nails softly scratching his jaw, and kissed one cheek. Protesting the disturbance, he moved, muttering, chipkali, sone de, giving her real estate to kiss his other cheek. Chuckling at her own naughtiness, she kissed his other cheek, whispering, "bandar, utt jaa."

No response.

Pouting at her lack of success, she turned to leave, she felt a pair of hands tug her back, causing her to fall on him, droplets of water from her wet hair hit his face, causing him to flinch in surprise. Immediately, she felt a pair of curious hands cup her bottom, and waist to pull her closer, as he whispered, "Chipkali, if you cling onto me like this, I will always be awake." Staring at her, he huskily asked, "Did you somehow get more beautiful? You are glowing like a light bulb."

She smiled and blushed at his compliment, thinking to herself, she was glowing because of his love. His hand tugged down the neckline of her kurti and caressed one lovebite in particular, and even that light, controlled touch of his callous finger caused her to close her eyes and let out a faint hiss. "Phoolkumari," he chided. She smiled and resting her head on his chest, taking in the steady thump of his heart beat along with the peaceful stillness of the early afternoon.