Chapter 7

Another video started, the frame centered around the name plaque 'Coach Tarak Joshi' on a door, with Raavi and Hetal on either side they were waiting in their school uniform. Moments later, the door opened and in unison they all asked "selection hua?"

"Suspense kya create kar raha hai, bata, na!" said Raavi, impatiently tugging Shiva's arm.

Shiva and Arjun looked at each other briefly as if to say, should we tell them?

"We got into the soccer team!" said Arjun proudly, "I am the defender and Shiva is the forward. First game, Saturday night at 8 PM against Somnath Warriors!!"

The girls attacked Shiva and Arjun into a group hug and squealed resembling high pitched hummingbirds in excitement. "Main bhi!" chimed Vasu and attacked the group causing the camera to go out of focus, squishing amidst them.

The camera panned to Raavi wearing a Pandya 09 jersey sitting front row in the Veraval-Somnath Stadium, excitedly cheering for St. Mary's Trailblazers as they were playing their semi final match against Somnath Warriors. She turned to the camera and yelled "Go Trailblazers Go! #Winning" blowing a flying kiss.

The camera steered to the scoreboard, showing one minute remaining on the clock, and neither team had scored a goal. Just then, Raavi screamed "Hetal, look, zoom and Shiva pe camera dal, JALDDIII"

The camera swerved to Shiva, taking the ball from Arjun, passing it to Amit, then maneuvered it back to himself, shuffled it around the opposing team players, and then in a split-second flick of his feet, scored the goal into the net.

Loud cheers erupted from the stadium, drowning out Raavi's cheers, in elation that a goal had been scored with 10 seconds remaining on the clock.

The video on the screen changed, and loomed on Raavi, who was lying down on a bed, taking selfies and videos, 'practicing' her pouts and smiles. As she was taking a video of herself, another voice echoed, "YOU! Tu yahan kya kar rahi hai? Aur phirse raat ko akele chalkar window se aagayi?" A decisive 'click' of a door later, Raavi got up and the camera focused on Shiva wearing a towel around his neck drying his wet hair, bare chested, and wearing his track pants.

Kneeling on his bed, Raavi focused the camera on themselves and simultaneously wrapped her arm around his neck, in a bear hug. "Hello Instagram, Meet the MVP of today's game. Tere wajah se mere followers bhadenge. Chal, Hi Bol!" said Raavi cheekily, clearly intending to stay up and celebrate with him.

"Tujhe main raat ko itna vella dikhta hoon? Abhi kuch deta hoon. Rukh tu." said Shiva shrugging off her bear hug and looking around looking to attack her with something.

"Chal, itna kya attitude dey raha hai!" said Raavi frowned grabbing his chin so that he could face her phone.

"Yeh sab hata yahan se, aur nikal. Its midnight for god's sake. Tujh jaise chudail ko koi farak nahi padta hoga, lekin mujh jaise aam admi ko toh sone de."

"Kya Shiva, bas celebrate karne toh aayi thi. Plus, I am too excited to sleep. Kya Game tha. Chal na, Mukesh Tea Cafe chalte hain." Raavi exclaimed. Anyone listening could just hear the pout in her voice.

"Raavi, nikal! Kal jayenge"

"Akaad raha hai na? Ab toh main saare lambi videos loongi aur Facebook main daalungi. Tu dekh!" Saying that she continued to point the phone at him, and purposely creating a ruckus, as Shiva swatted her off to some corner of the bed to try and sleep, grumbling If you want to stay here, do as you please, bas mujhe sone de.

The camera went back to selfie mode and followed Raavi as she parked herself in front his mirror where you could see Raavi and Shiva's reflection in the frame. "Dear Internet, today, I would like to talk about what happened to me." Raavi spoke pointedly into the camera, as Shiva put a pillow to his ear trying to drown out her noise. Pretending to wipe away tears with her dupatta, she continued to blabber, baiting him for a reaction.

In exactly one minute, Shiva tossed aside the pillow, leapt towards her, muttering abhi tujhe maasa chakata hoon.

The camera became shaky, as Raavi was heard protesting, "Shiva, nahi, main bas mazak---", protecting her beloved phone in the nick of time, clutching it against her chest, as Shiva made a dash for it. She side-stepped him and ran towards his bed. Shiva followed her, tried to distract her, and said "Raavi, you are so noisy. Gimme that phone. Bhabhi or Gaumbi may get disturbed."

"All your fault" objected Raavi.

Shiva paused for a few seconds assessing his options. Swiftly, lunged for her, intending to knock her backwards on the bed and grabbing her phone. Realising his intentions as she was about to go down, Raavi grabbed him to take him down with her, and Shiva fell on top of her, as the phone clearly still recording the video Raavi started, lay sandwiched between them.

In the present day, Shiva looked vaguely embarrassed, the camera hyper zoomed in on his bare chest. Like their other fights, he knew how this one ended... As he sent a quick prayer to Bholenath, praying the video ended here when he heard his voice ---

"Raavi, let go of the phone."

"No"

"LET.IT.GO"

Raavi wiggled under him and said "Shiva!!! your so heavy, you are squishing me. Get up off me. I can't breathe."

"RAAVI. STOP.WIGGLING.I.SWEAR.TO.GOD.I.AM.GOING.TO.KILL.YOU."

The bizarre and extreme jerkiness of the camera, focused on Shiva's bare chest suggested they both tugged at the sandwiched phone simultaneously to move it sideways and somehow the phone slipped from their hands and fell on the floor with a loud thud causing camera to blackout.

In the present day, Raavi looked up at Hetal silently slightly narrowing her eyes to convey how on earth did she manage to get the footage?

Hetal understood in the way of true best friends, and just mischievously widened her eyes and raised her eyebrows. YOU sent it to me by accident when you were playing tug of war. I just kept the receipts baby girl.

"s-s-so that's how you really broke your phone." said Prafulla Maasi shakily, breaking the pin drop silence, looking at the screen dumbfounded. Raavi mumbled out an apology, wincing in embarrassment and glared at Shiva as if to say, this is all your fault.