Chapter 46 (Epilogue Series 4)

A/N 18+ content. Viewer discretion advised.

***

"Chipkali, I am warning you, don't cry tomorrow," said Shiva, sitting on the edge of their bed watching Raavi, pace and forth in their bedroom, clearly nervous.

"Shiva, kaise? Mere bachche..." sniffled Raavi, coming to sit on his lap and loop her arms around his neck.

"Sweetheart, pura din tu phut phut ke royi hai." A slight exaggeration on his part but nonetheless Raavi had cried multiple times during the day much to their boys' alarm.

"Kal jab hum kue se paani lenge, toh adha tera aansoo hi hoga. I know tomorrow is Dhruv's first day of Grade 1 and Akash's first day of Junior Kindergarten but please don't cry," said Shiva sympathetically. As he said those words, Raavi's eyes misted, and she buried her face in the crook of his neck.

Today, September 8th, 2030 had been a big day at Pandya Niwas. They prepped Dhruv for his first day of grade school, and Akash for his first day of Junior Kindergarten. They visited their classrooms again, talking to their boys, and helped them lay out school uniform, backpacks, and shoes.

During bedtime, Dhruv, and Akash each read a bedtime story about an exciting first day of school, reading about fun teachers, making best friends, snack time and learning cool new subjects like math and science. Dhruv had been strangely subdued throughout the day, holding Raavi's dupatta or his plaid shirt, commenting that he did not have a best friend yet, and asking about Mama-Beta time in the afternoon where they spent time watching daily soaps with Krish Kaka.

"My Dhruvie, my sweet angel boy, my heart can't believe he is going to Grade 1. He was so quiet during bedtime; do you think he is ok? He didn't even let you take him to a hair cut," said Raavi. Dhruv had point blank refused a haircut or wear a shirt and knowing the big changes coming his way, they had compromised on him wearing a shirt and let the haircut go.

"Dhruv is going to be fine, Chipkali," reassured Shiva, "Tera beta hai, baby girl. He is just an energetic ball of love. Tu dekhna pehle din main sab pe hukum chalega, aur woh itna cute hoga, teachers bhi usse kuch nahi bol sakte." It was true, Dhruv was full of life, their excitable little jungle boy. His infectious laughter and bossy, mischievous, endearing personality was just irresistible.

Raavi nodded, "And, my prince, my Akash, he is going to school too. Do you think its too soon? Kashie toh kabhi kabhi apne sea animals ke duniya main kho jaata hai... he forgets to eat, and he can be a tad impulsive. Maybe its too soon, Shiva."

"Baby girl, both our boys are at the right age to go to school. I know Kashie can be a bit... absentminded about things like eating, school is the perfect place to learn to take care of himself," said Shiva. In contrast to Dhruv, Akash was more easygoing, relaxed, but he was more impulsive, often getting engrossed reading about the wonderous animals of the sea and drawing various fish and sharks.

Raavi nodded; Shiva was right, but that didn't mean she couldn't cry. Snuggling in closer, Raavi tightened her arms around Shiva, muttering love me.

"I know sweetheart..." said Shiva, rubbing her back, "Tu toh hai hi unki Chipkali Mama, pann tu soch, tu cry karegi toh Dhruv aur Akash ko bhi toh bura lagega..." It was true; both their boys, specially Dhruv took Raavi's tears seriously and couldn't bear their Chipkali Mama cry.

"All I know is that my babies are growing up too fast," said Raavi, kissing Shiva's cheek.

"Well, there is only one solution to that, Chipkali," said Shiva, holding his naram dil Raavi close.