Chapter 13

When Raavi had come back to Pandya Niwas claiming it was for Dhara Di's baby; Dhara put forth the condition that Raavi would continue to stay in Shiva's room. Somethings as delicate as the sleeping arrangements of spouses should be left within the confines of the room. Dhara also wanted Shiva and Raavi to start looking at the bedroom as their safe haven, their private sanctuary like most married couples. She hoped they would eventually start talking, that would be the catalyst to mend their relationship.

Though Raavi wasn't a stranger to his room, predictably, they had fought over where each would sleep and begrudgingly truced on Shiva sleeping on one side and Raavi took the opposite side at the foot of the bed. But Dhara's pressure to stay in the same room had worked like forcing two wild cats to share a cage. Since, she had come back and began staying in this room again, things had calmed down (as little as the word could be associated with them), until today.

"I don't want to talk about what just happened. Aur, kya zaroorat thi tumhe aaj tapakne ki?" barked Shiva as soon as he closed the door. He couldn't believe his good luck, the girl had said no.

"Mujhe kya sapna aayega ki woh ladki tujhe mile bina bhaag jayegi?" countered Raavi, setting their bed for the night.

"Toh kuch pata nahi hota, toh chup chaap rehti. Main usse khud handle karta. Bolta ki mujhe kuch shaad-waadi nahi karni" said Shiva.

"Accha? Tujhe dusri shaadi nahi karni?" asked Raavi, pausing mid way as she was stacking her pillows on the opposite side, at the foot of the bed.

"Haan, ek baar kar liya, bahut hai. Dekh kahan phas gaya. Ab agar kuch karunga toh main dekh pharake karunga" said Shiva quickly to cover up his thoughts.

Raavi snorted hearing the nonsense Shiva was spouting. She walked to the other side of the bed where he was picking his night clothes. "tujhe, mujhse aachi ladki mil hi nahi sakti." Though he agreed with her, he was never the one to back down from an argument, "chal theek hai. Itni attitude main keh rahi hai, toh tu dekh aage aage hota hai kya" said Shiva.

Raavi stared at him without a response. She wasn't surprised that after all that transpired this evening, he was still ready to go toe-to-toe with her and try to one up her. She let out a chuckle, and said, "agar tujhe kuch meaningful discuss nahi karna, toh phir kal utke taaza taaza jhagda karenge, breakfast aur chai ke saath, ab main sone jaa rahi hoon."

As she settled into her side of the bed, and Shiva asked, "Raavi, where are my night shirts?" Shit. She bolted up and ran back to him by his cupboard. "They are in the wash. Last night, I left my perfume on the pile of night shirts, and it leaked on all of them." Even as she said it, she felt her face heat up. Chattan Pandya was especially very sexy without a shirt, so this one was on her.

"Ye tu ney jaan booch ke kiya na?" asked Shiva suspiciously, "bachpan se tujhe meri shirts se ajeeb dushmani hai," remembering how she cut up his shirts when they were sixteen.

It was true, she didnt like the ganjis, but not for the reasons he thought. He looked so good in old, ragged shirts, exposing those ripped biceps that grabbed her, carried her, held her more than once. Raavi felt her body flush as she shook her head earnestly in a show of her innocence, "accidentally ho gaya bandar, tu aaj bina shirt ke soja, na. Waise bhi aaj itni garmi bhi hai," fanning herself with her dupatta for dramatic effect.

Shiva glowered at her, muttering choice words, as he grabbed his pants and went outside to the washroom to change.

By the time, Shiva changed his clothes and came back to his room, Raavi had settled into her side of the bed. Wow, she thought to herself even though she was looking at him upside down. Shiva had always been handsome and attractive, pann aaj kal iska kuch zyada nahi ho raha, she thought to herself, a little peeved that he looked so good. His blunt features, high cheekbones, his jaw line, onyx eyes lips all came together to create a fine specimen of a man. Clearly years of playing soccer and the work in Pandya Store kept her husband in tip top shape. That chest, the flat stomach was amazing. And her weakness...those biceps! How was it always shiny... did he moisturize? RAAVI! This is Shiva, your bandar. She quickly closed her eyes and forced herself to focus on what happened today.