Chapter 45 (Epilogue Series 3)

"Mama, for you!" said two-year-old Dhruv, running shirtless into his parents' room with his father, holding out a cup of blueberries, and a flower.

Raavi had just woken up after an hour-long nap, having fallen asleep in the afternoon at 4 PM, deep slumber taking over her body. Sitting against the headboard, she was about to message Shiva, when they had shown up.

Dhruv ran to his mother, climbing onto the bed to hug her, his tiny hands and feet working fast to be in his mother's embrace. "Mama, eat fruit!" ordered Dhruv, feeding her a blueberry.

"First, I want to eat your cheeks, Dhruvie!" said Raavi, pretending to bite and kiss his plush cheeks, as he squealed and laughed. Raavi hugged her sweet boy, breathing in his baby smell. Her precious baby boy.

"Who told you to be so cute and delicious?" asked Raavi, cuddling him and tickling him.

"Papa!" shrieked Dhruv, twisting and wiggling in joy.

"Do you want to give Mama the flower?" asked Shiva, holding out the bougainvillea that Dhruv had dropped in his excitement for cuddles from his Mama.

As Dhruv and Shiva tucked in the flower in her hair, Shiva asked him, "What is the name of this flower, Dhruvie?"

"Raavi flower!" said Dhruv excitedly, as Raavi and Shiva laughed. Little Dhruv picked up on his father kissing Raavi and tucking a flower into her hair, so whenever he went to the park, he picked up a bougainvillea for his mother. However, he was unable to pronounce the name of the flower, preferring to just call 'Raavi flower'.

"You like the flower, Dhruvie?" asked Raavi, touched that her sweet baby brought a flower for her.

He nodded, giving her a kiss and said "Pretty Chipkali," picking up on Shiva's words, causing his parents to laugh. Seeing his parents laugh, he pointed to his mother, chipkali, pointed to his father, bandar and himself, chota bandar.

Chuckling, "Where is your shirt Dhruvie?" asked Raavi, cuddling him, rubbing his back. Her sweet baby, he was so adorable with his chubby cheeks, sunny personality and loving nature.

"No shirt, Mama!" frowned Dhruvie, as Shiva snorted. It had taken him twenty minutes to convince Dhruv to wear a bloody shirt before finally deciding to just leave him be.

"Maine kitna samjhane ki koshish ki humare chote bandar ko, ki shirt pehen le, pann nahi, isne ek baat decide karli, toh kissi ki nahi sunta...toh hum bina shirt ke park chale gaye,"

Dhruv tucked himself into Raavi's arms, content with her kisses and cuddles, "Baby Dhruvie, we will go to the beach soon, it will be cold, Mama thinks its will be a great idea for you to wear a shirt. What about wearing your favorite blue Paw Patrol shirt?" asked Raavi, sifting her hands through his soft, wavy locks of hair.

He nodded, "Yes Mama... blue shirt," wiggling out of her hold to grab it from his basket of clothes in the corner of their room.

Shiva rolled his eyes, "Mama ka chamcha. Maine beg kiya toh itna bhav kha raha tha, lekin Mama ne ek baar poocha, toh haan bol diya," said Shiva, watching his son run back with his favourite shirt, as Raavi giggled, and patting herself in victory.

"Did you have fun at the park with Papa?" she asked Dhruv, pulling his shirt over his head, smiling at Shiva, who had settled in beside her.

Dhruv nodded excitedly; his imagination wilder than the number of words he knew. But his parents' questions and keen attention to everything he said, Dhruv expressed himself with actions, his expressive face and garbled mix of words he knew and words he made up.