Chapter 35

Late into Saturday night, Shiva was sitting on the bed, against a propped-up pillow, intently searching on the internet on her iPad for any clues about the little slip of paper Raavi had found in the derelict, cursed (in his opinion) building.

After the kitchen, he had taken and loved her in the shower, he had taken her again in the bed. Tired, Raavi said she would take a power nap and then make dinner. That was five hours ago. She had fallen into a deep slumber, occasionally murmuring something incomprehensible, quieting when he patted her cheek and kissed her forehead reassuringly.

Raavi stirred awake at 1 AM looking for Shiva. "Shiva, tu hai, ya phir, Somnath---" her line of question interrupted by the man in question. He dryly said, "sach sach bata, Chipkali, tujhe adhi raat, ek bhaje ko daure padte hai na?"

Reassured that he was still here, she turned to fully see him, "Daure toh mujhe padenge... tere pyar ne jo mujhe pagal kiya hua hai."

Propping herself up against the headboard, she intertwined their fingers, and kissed his wedding ring. When she tugged on his fingers, he set aside the iPad and crawled sideways over her, resting his head on her naked chest, and said, "hug me." His bronze skin emitted such warmth, she felt every corner of her soul heat up. She loved the feel of his masculine weight on her, deliciously overpowering her yet for all his physical strength, in this moment he was in her arms, passive as a sleepy tiger. All hers to cuddle and shower her love upon. She rubbed his bare back, his neck, her fingers sifted through his silky locks, she hugged him. Her Shiva. Only hers.

Like a tiger sunbathing on a lazy afternoon, he purred, loving every second of her attention on him. She had the softest hands, long, slender, and strong fingers, reminding him of kitten claws, as they gently scraped and stroked him. He just sighed feeling her love all around him, closing his eyes in deep contentment. The simple pleasures of life, he thought to himself.

"Ghode baech ke so gayi thi tu, aur itna snore karti hai..." teased Shiva.

Yanking his hair at the nape of his neck, "Main snore nahi karti! And I fell asleep because you tired me out so much!"

He scoffed, "Snore karti hai, daure padte hain, neend main bhad bhad karti hai... sach bata, tu raat main apne asli chudial roop main aati hai na? Pata nahi main kahan phas gaya."

"Main bhoothnath ki chudail hoon. Jodi hamari aachi hai na!?" said Raavi, dropping a kiss on atop his head.

He chuckled and agreed with her. He was lucky to be loved by her. Rubbing his shoulders, stroking his cheek, she asked, "iPad ke saath kya kar raha hai?"

Before he could respond, her stomach growled in hunger. Twisting and pressing a kiss to her belly button, he grabbed the energy bars from the side table that she had made previously, which he had brought for himself from the kitchen. "I was hungry too, but I can't cook, so..."

Munching on the energy bar, she pushed herself up, wrapping her arms around his middle and resting her head on his chest, "Tell me more?"

He stretched out to switch on the night lamp on the side table and gave her a piece of paper tucked carefully into a Ziplock bag. "I was looking into the paper you found this on the property, today as you were giving your audition to be a Marvel stunt woman."

She stuck out her tongue as she inspected, it was a worn-out piece of paper, jagged at the edges, no bigger than the palm a hand. The only distinctive feature was some kind of logo design at the top left corner that was ripped at the edges, with the only distinctive feature being the color – it was a unique blue color that instantly caught anyone's eye and commanded their attention. The rest of the paper was covered in dust, soot, stains, and only when Raavi squinted, she saw an amount for ten lakhs. "I remember, there was a stone placed at the edge of the piece of paper, so when I grabbed it, the fragile pieces at the edges may have ripped off... but what has this got to do with anything?"