Chapter 37

The next day, on Monday November 8th, 2021, on her pre-honeymoon day 4, Raavi woke up to a loud bang, startling her awake. Clutching her blanket closer to her naked form, "Shiva!! what was that?" she asked, her voice raspy from sleep.

No response.

She turned and saw the bed was empty. Must be Bhoothnath, himself, she thought, trying to find a rational response for the noise.

She quickly brushed her teeth, put on a fresh set of Mickey Mouse pajamas, tied her hair up in a ponytail and went to investigate the noise. She didn't have to walk far, as she suspected, she found Shiva in the kitchen, hovering over the stove, cursing at something.

"Shiva, tu kya kar raha hai?" Raavi asked curiously.

Shiva turned to see Raavi standing in the threshold of the kitchen, looking impossibly cute in her pajamas, staring at him with her big brown eyes, making him want to kiss her silly.

"Kuch nahi, Chipkali. Tu jaa, main abhi aaya," he said casually.

"Kuch nahi? Dictionary ne 'kuch nahi' ka naya definition nikala hai kya?" she asked.

At his silence, "Toh chai ke patte aise stove ke neeche kyun hai? Floor pe paani? Aur countertop pe milk? Toaster se smoke bhi aa raha hai..." pointed out Raavi carefully, coming in to hug him, tilting her head back, lifting her chin in question.

Kissing her forehead, "Tu so rahi thi, toh maine socha main hi chai bana loon. YouTube video bhi dekha, pann pata nahi, two times try kiya, phir bhi sab bekar," said Shiva, muttering how he should have known all the videos were edited scams.

Kissing his chin, "Tu kitchen main itna duffer kyun hai?" asked Raavi shaking her head, "aur mujhe utaya kyun nahi?" cleaning up the mess he made.

He shrugged, "Taaki tu khud aaye prince charming ki tarah aur mujhe bachaye?" She had been sleeping so peacefully, clutching his pendant, he didn't have the heart to wake her up for a cup of tea. So, he had carefully disentangled himself, and came into the kitchen to figure out the art of making chai for the both of them. She would be so happy with his efforts, or so he had thought.

"Cuteness dikha raha hai? Kitni pressure cookers kharab karega? Aaj itna chai ka patti, aur bread waste kiya, khud ka mood bhi kharab kiya... Gadheda," said Raavi without any heat. Ever so often Shiva ventured into the kitchen with his brothers, in noble efforts to help Dhara Di under the pretext of giving her a relaxing day with disastrous results for everyone else involved. Today, he had tried to extend the gesture to her, and without his brothers, Shiva had made a bigger mess without a single cooked item. Not even toast.

"Tu ne socha hoga, Raavi ke liye chai aur toast banaunga, toh usse accha lagega, pann please kuch bhi kar, mere liye ye sab mat kar..." she said, gesturing he help clean up. Seeing that he was quiet and pouty, "Chal, muh phulana bandh kar! Aur agli baar tu chai ya khaana banane ki kohsish ki, toh tujhe bhi mujhe bike seekhana padega!" warned Raavi.

"Aisa kabhi nahi hoga, yaad hai na, Dev ko impress karne ke chakkar main Gaumbi ki bike kaise kharab ki tu ne aur mujhe hi Arjun se jugad karke sab kuch theek karna pada," said Shiva. He would never teach her how to ride a bike. The first time was bad enough, and despite her asking all thru high school, his answer was a firm no. When she opened her mouth to argue, he interrupted her with a kiss, "tu waise bhi bike rocket ki tarah chalane koshish karti hai, aur mujhe apni jaan pyari hai."

At his sullen expression, petulant that he failed making tea and toast, she decided to play some music, and make a fresh, delicious batch of tea, singing and dancing to the upbeat music she played from Spotify. She danced to the beat and rhythm of the song, hugging him from the back,