Chapter 42 (Final Chapter)

A/N - 18+ Content, reader discretion advised 

          Raavi woke up bright and early at 7 AM on Friday, November 12th, 2021, and hugged herself before kissing a photo of Shiva. The day had arrived, she would be going back to Somnath. When she had come to Ahmedabad a week ago, going back seemed eons away, and since Tuesday after Shiva left, every second had stretched for eternity, a never-ending black carpet, separating her and Shiva. That was all ending today. In less than twelve hours, she was going to be in his arms. Hugging him, burying herself in him. Kissing him. Well, she intended to do a lot more than kiss him, she thought to herself, blushing. She let out a little yelp, doing a little jig in bed unable to contain her excitement. She would wear her best outfit, really nice makeup and brush her hair until it shone like black river cascading down her back. The Parvati to her Shiva.

Picking up the digital photo frame he gifted her, she caressed the photo on the screen. It was the same photo Shiva and her had taken a party in Grade 11, hosted by Arjun after winning a soccer match. He looked at her with a mix of shy hesitation and warmth. Her sweet Shiva, he was so cute, she thought to herself giddily.

Getting lost in memories, she swiped right and found another photo of them she had taken this past Monday, a selfie on the couch. He hugged her from behind, resting his chin on the crook of her shoulder, clearly looking up to make eye contact with the camera because she had asked him to do so. She had her tiara on, and her wide smile conveyed her happiness. She walked to the washroom to brush her teeth, wash her face, make Chai all the while immersing herself in memories and photos of Shiva. There were some really candid shots of him talking to Dhara Bhabhi, play fighting with Krish, stealing an extra jalebi from Gaumbi's plate or sleeping. The photos had been her lifeline the past few days, helping dull the ache in her heart from how much she missed Shiva. Blowing on her hot chai, she sipped her tea and murmured, "I really miss you, bandar."

As if he read her mind, her phone rang, indicating Shiva was giving her a video call. "Hi sweetheart," he said groggily, "You will be back here in 10 hours, 45 minutes and 31 seconds."

"Did you miss me, Shiva? Kal toh mujhe itna daanta," she asked cheekily, loving his hair spilling messily over his forehead, his eyes partially shut still trying to wake up but even in this state, he called her.

Blinking to wake up fully, he shook his head, "Chipkali raat gayi, baat gayi." He teasingly said, "Main toh bed pe full phail ke, soya hoon. Na koi chipku biwi, na koi cuddling chipkali jo apne sleeping mist pillow ko chodke mujhe chaadar aur takiya samjhe."

She harrumphed knowing he liked to tease her and gave her a hard time. "Did you check-in, baby girl?" he asked her, pushing his hair away.

She noticed his bare, muscular chest and flat stomach, lasciviously. All hers in 10 hours 43 minutes and 22 seconds. She nodded to indicate she had already packed her stuff and she did check-in. All she had to do was go to Pavan Kaka and Bhavna Kaki's house to visit them and then leave for the airport to catch her flight at 2:30 PM.

They stared at each other, their eyes hungrily taking in each feature, memorizing everything until they met later in the day. "Tu khud ko 'o oh jaane jaana' ka Salman Khan samjahta hai kya?" she asked him curiously.

"Chipkali... raat ko electricity kaat gayi thi, garmi thi, isliye bina shirt ke so gaya..." he explained, putting on his shirt.

"Oh! Mujhe laga ki tu humare sexy dreams dekh raha tha..." she said promptly, very sorry that he made the poor decision to wear his shirt. She was going to hide all his shirts and maybe short-circuit whole of Somnath so her modest bandar could comfortably sleep shirtless.