Chapter 32

Shiva woke up next morning, his sleep breaking naturally at 6:30 AM, laying on his side with Raavi sleeping peacefully against him. He gaze focused on Raavi's profile, in her sleep without any worry lines on her forehead, or around her eyes, she looked the picture of tranquility. Raavi had awakened in the middle of the night, fearfully muttering "Shiva, tu hai, ya phir Somnath chala gaya?" In response, he had kissed and loved her back to sleep. With her back against his front, Raavi draped his leg over her hips, and wrapped his arm across her chest, their fingers intertwined, essentially trapping her small frame to him. He mentally chuckled at her silly efforts to comfort herself, as if he'd ever leave her.

On a morning like this, he could hardly believe he was living out his deepest desire; to be with her, live a fulfilling life and grow old with her. He cherished the simple act of waking up next to his sweetheart, holding her so close, keeping her warm, safe, and loved. He leaned forward observing her straight nose, the curve of her jaw and if he looked close enough, her lips were slightly curved up, a second away from a smile. Caressing her petal soft cheeks, trailing his fingers down her arm, he felt a wave a tenderness wash over him as he acknowledged she was really the best thing that would ever happen to him, sheepishly realizing how stupidly close he had come to giving her up. Never again. Raavi sirf mere hisse main aati hai.

In comparison to the years without her and then spending better part of the year in constant turmoil of wanting her but pushing her away, the last few days were the best days of his life. Spending time with Raavi felt effortless and being with her was all he had ever wanted. Last few days had bought many changes to their relationship, infusing it with playfulness, open hearted acceptance, allowing them to be vulnerable yet take strength in each other. He wanted to nurture their relationship, fill it with so much love, there was no space for anything else. Realizing he was staring, he shook his head, deciding he better get going. He didn't want to wake her up, so he pressed a soft kiss to her head, he tried to disentangle himself to get started on the day, but Raavi tugged his fingers, and turned to face him, slowly opening her eyes.

"You are awake," he said huskily, softly rubbing the mole on her cheek. She nodded, moulding her naked body to his, locking her arms, and burying her face into the crook of his neck letting out the deepest sigh of satisfaction. He tightened his arms around her, as she mumbled, "Good Morning, my handsome bandar. Pre-Honeymoon Day 2."

Pulling her naked form even closer, he pushed back her bed tousled hair, taking in her swollen lips, rosy cheeks and smiling eyes. She looked like a well-loved woman; radiant, warm, and happy. He softly kissed her forehead, her eyes, trailing his lips across her nose, chin, and cheeks. Breathing in her fragrant skin, he whispered, "Good Morning, my sweet chipkali."

Tilting her head backwards slightly, she gently wiped down his eyebrows, cupped his jaw, softly pressing kisses to his cheeks, "I am so happy you are here." And she was. This place that had parents had left in her name had been her home for more than five years, and it soothed some place of her heart to have Shiva in this apartment, to share this special space with her.

"I lived here for five years, slept on this bed and deep down a part of me always wanted to share this place with you." Tears stung her eyes, "I am so glad I get to live in this apartment with you, and last night was the best night ever. With you. All because of you," she said, rubbing their noses together.

Shiva held her against him, rubbing her back, and kissing the crook of her neck. Raavi smiled, taking in every bit of his adoration, wishing she could stay like this forever. Eventually, she tried to half-heartedly disentangle from him to get started on the day. Wanting to prolong these moments, simply hold and love his wife, Shiva tugged her back, shaking his head. "Stay with me, work is work, we can do it in a while," thoroughly surprising Raavi.