Chapter 14

Gautam, Dhara, Rishita, Dev had gathered in the backside lawn of Pandya Niwas, discussing what transpired last night. "I had no idea all this happened when they were in school. Did you see Rishita, there was something so pure between them? My poor Shiva. Uske dil main sirf Raavi hai. Aur maine kya kiya, Dev aur Raavi ka rishta..." said Dhara feeling incredibly guilty that she had inadvertently come between them when she arranged Dev and Raavi's marriage.

"Tu ne dekha Rishita, Raavi kitna care karti hai Shiva ki? Kamra theek se rakhna, khana dena... Dobi, jaan chikadti hai uspe," said Dhara.

"Hamara Shiva bhi kam nahi hai...Raavi ka har cheez uska priority hai...bolega nahi pann silent hero ki tarah pyar karta hai" said Rishita.

"Its so obvious now that Raavi came back for him, but she will never admit it and he will never accept it," sighed Rishita. She had hoped the torrid secret was they had kissed each other or something, but this was something more significant and sensitive.

"I know I messed up with Raavi, I shouldn't have continued to mis-lead her for as long as I did, but knowing what I know about their relationship, I just feel... stupid, that I was never able to guess Shiva's feelings" lamented Dev.

"You guys went to the same school for a bit, right? You never had any idea, Dev? Even after she came back to Somnath? What about the times you spent with Raavi or Shiva?" asked Rishita

"In high school, Raavi and Shiva would hang out with Hetal and couple of other guys. So, Raavi and I never spent too much time together. And, even when were to be married, we never really spent any time together. I only saw her when she would be complaining about some fight she had with Shiva. It was always Shiva this or Shiva that. Dammit, I should have guessed."

"Shiva did speak up. He did say, I can't forget my childhood with Raavi and her family and told me he couldn't ever see her as his Bhabhi. Hum hi samaj nahi paye," said Dhara, "Also, if you remember, when Raavi foolishly tried to commit suicide, he saved her, and they went on fighting amongst themselves. Tab kuch samajh nahi aaya, lekin ab saaf nazar aa raha hai..." trailed off Dhara, and a moment's pause later looked at Rishita, "we need to help them, otherwise, they will mess everything up again."

"Listen, you guys" said Gautam, looking very specifically at his wife and Rishita, "Its very obvious to us that they are in love. But they also need to figure out how they are going to make their relationship work. Especially the way Shiva spoke to her when she offered him money, and how she foolishly agreed to marry Dev... that is madness. They can't always be fighting and running away from each other and both of you can't force them to stay in a relationship. They need to sort this one out on their own." Dev nodded in agreement with Gautam. The videos that Hetal showed everyone had unsettled both the older brothers. However, seeing their younger selves together, the hunger in their eyes to be together, they were sure they would end up together.

Dhara and Rishita looked at each other in silent agreement that while they respected their husbands opinions; as Shiva and Raavi's Bhabhis they would help Shiva and Raavi without being overbearing.

Just then, Shiva asked "Kya baat ho rahi hai?" coming to the backyard with Raavi in tow.

"Nothing, just enjoying chai. Aaja, baith" said Gautam not wanting to get into the details of what they were discussing. Everyone shifted making space for the two additions. All of them sat in silence enjoying the birds chirping and the quiet silence in the mornings before the entire city started bustling around.

Everyone had tactically avoided bringing up last night's events, "Shiva, sun na, Hetal just texted me, she is coming over today. Tu reh jaa na aaj ghar pe?" asked Raavi.