Chapter 48 (Last Epilogue)

A/N: This is it folks! This is my LAST update for 'My North Star' and I am BEYOND thankful for each and every reader that read this story, commented, voted/liked... you get it. The ShiVi fandom is quite frankly the BEST fandom ever, and I am so grateful I could share my first story with you! If you in anyway have made your presence felt, I am so glad you did, because this story quickly became your FF, just as much as mine. So, here goes nothing,... the final chapter of this story <3

***

                    On a quiet Sunday afternoon, the Pandya family was enjoying Chai and Raavi's delicious afternoon snacks; dabeli, khandvi, and patra. After wolfing down afternoon snacks, all the Pandya kids except Krittika had gone out to play leaving the adults to reminisce through fond memories of the years passed.

"Shiva tujhe yaad hai bachpan main---"

"PAPA!" exclaimed fifteen-month-old Krittika making a grand entrance into the backyard holding her mother's index finger. She had awoken from her afternoon nap, and after changing into a fresh diaper and onesie, she came looking for her favorite human, her Papa.

Hearing his daughter voice, Shiva rushed over to take his daughter in his arms. "Hi princess, did you have a good nap?" asked Shiva, hugging her to his chest, kissing her sweet chubby cheeks. Krittika was impossibly cute in her sleeveless pink onesie that read Pretty in Pink, her chunky arm, and leg rolls out in full effect, tiny toes puckering up in excitement and her wisps of hair were held together by a pink clip.

She made excited sounds, pressing opening mouth kisses all over his cheeks and nose, making him laugh. Being the youngest Pandya, at fifteen months, Krittika was the apple of everyone's eye. She was a happy, chirpy, eager-to-please, fun loving toddler who just wanted love and attention, and of course her Papa to spoil her silly.

She loved being a miniature adult often mimicking actions of everyone older than her. If someone hugged her or kissed her, she returned the favor ten times over. If she saw Raavi brush out her hair, she just had to style her hair. If she saw her brothers do homework, she copied them by bringing out her own books, demanding her parents watch her do homework as well. If she saw Shiva button up his plaid shirt, she had to help him, her face scrunching in utmost concentration, trying to loop the button through the buttonhole, no matter that her tiny hands didn't have the dexterity to do so.

"Aren't you hungry, angel pie? Where is your sippy cup with milkshake?" asked Shiva. Krittika loved her post-nap sappota milkshake, made with nutritious milk, sappota fruit and dates.

"NO!" said Krittika, shaking her head, yelling out her favorite word in open defiance.

Shiva looked at Raavi curiously, tilting up his chin in question. In response, she just raised the sippy cup in her hand, smiling ruefully, "Isne tujhe chai pete hue dekh liya. Ab ye tere hi cup se milkshake drink karegi."

Kissing her palm, "That's a great idea, Krittu, lets drink from my cup," said Shiva, placing her on his lap, as he sat in the lawn chair. He threw out the remainder of his tea to pour a little milkshake into the cup and she happily drank her milkshake like her Papa, smacking her lips gleefully.

Sitting down beside him, Raavi rolled her eyes, "Usse kabhi toh na bola karo. Tujhe dekhe iski nautanki shuru hoti hai. She is so spoiled."

Rishita grinned and quipped, "Jaisi Maa, waisi beti." It had been loads of fun seeing Shiva melt at every little thing Krittika wanted, becoming the subject of many jokes. Even now, he was coaxing her finish her milkshake from his cup, and Krittika was beaming, her legs swinging, ecstatic with her Papa's kisses and undivided attention.