Chapter 31

A/N - 18+ Content. Reader discretion advised.

The restaurant, Shiva had picked out The Dancing Chef was a fairly popular restaurant in Gujarat owned by a dancer turned chef with the Ahmedabad spot being their flagship location. The décor inspired by Disney movie Princess and the Frog gave the restaurant a whimsical, and old-worldly vibe, decorated in hues of gold, amber, purple, blues, and dark greens, modernized by fairy lights, sharp yet comfortable furniture, and impeccable customer service. Outside,restaurant extended itself to a wide gazebo where a music band played live music, recreating popular Bollywood songs to entertain the steady throng of guests. Every evening, the Chef for this location, curated a special three course dinner menu for their diners.

Silently, Shiva and Raavi took in the dark, cozy ambiance of the restaurant and each other. Despite that they Raavi and Shiva had known each other since their childhood, their dinner date started a little slow and awkwardly.

Located by wide French windows overlooking part of the whimsical gazebo, they were seated at a semi-secluded table at the end of the hallway. Shiva raised his eyebrows in question, "Dekh kya rahi hai? Bilkul teri jaisi jagah choose ki hai. Ek dum Disney film jaisa...kaisa laga?" She fit right in, looking like a woodland fairy herself, Shiva thought to himself.

"Tu ne choose kiya, pann idea toh meri thi... yaad hai na, ya amnesia ho gaya, yeh jagah pehle maine choose ki thi Somnath main," countered Raavi, "pann, bahot hi pyara jagah hai. I think its inspired by one of the Disney movies with Princess Tiana." Raavi looked around, loving every inch of this place. The décor inspired 1920s, 1930s styling with deep colors, and dark ambience was something out of a Disney movie. She felt like a mythical creature transported to another world. She titled her head slightly to see if she suddenly had wings. Silly Chipkali, she thought to herself, you feel like flying because you are so happy and that's all thanks to Shiva.

"Haan haan, theek hai theek hai, hamesha se mujhse muft ka khaana hi toh khaati aayi hai," said Shiva

"Tere saath muft ka khaana na khaun toh phir kis ke saath khaun? Teri tarah apne liye Disha ya Anamika dhund loon?" Raavi teased him, goading him to see if he would respond in kind.

"Tu koshish toh kar..." he started indignantly then narrowed his eyes when he realized she was baiting him, "tujhe na, mere siwa aur koi jhel nahi sakta...teri harkatien hi aisi hai"

Puckering her lips to give him a flying kiss, as a waiter passed by them, she loudly asked "kaisi hai, baby, meri harkatien?"

Slightly uncomfortable, he gesturing to her flying kiss in front the waiter, "aisi hai... tharki aur bhukkad", as she chuckled at his slightly petulant face.

As Raavi looked around, simultaneously quipping, "aisi tharki wale nautanki toh tu bhi karta hai... Diwali, park bridge pe bhool gaya?", and taking everything in, ardently examining the menu, the décor.

Observing her, he lightly asked, "tujhe yeh sab bahot pasand hai na?"

Their banter forgotten, Raavi nodded excitedly, "I volunteered in the kitchens of Sabarmati Ashram, and there a lady called Vimla Desai – I call her Vimla kaki taught me how to cook a lot of dishes, specially for a large crowd. Then, I took a 4th year university course, where I had to do a project wherein, I had to run own business for one whole year and present my conclusions for the final grade. Ever since then, I have always wanted to have my own business that combined my passion for cooking, but I didn't know how that would happen. When Rishita offered to let me run the dessert bar for the new Pandya Store, it was perfect," she looked at him bashfully, "I am really glad Rishita made me the offer."