Chapter 6

The screen brightened, Hetal, Raavi and Krish were taking turns recording themselves, recreating wizarding duels from Harry Potter naming spells from the Books, making up spells, and using the same utensils as mikes to sing songs, in the aangan, much to Dhara and Gautam's amusement and Shiva's irritation. In exactly thirty seconds, Shiva got up, snatched Raavi's utensils and yelled, "subah subah dimag kharab karke rakha hai. Nikal yahan se, warna main kal ke aaye hue boris ke tarah tujhe yahan se phenk doonga."

Raavi grabbed Hetal's phone, flipped the camera to selfie mode as she went to Dhara Di, kissed her cheek and said, "Bhootnath, tu aaj mujhe ghar se nahi nikal sakta. Aaj main aur Hetal pura din humare pyari Dhara Di ke saath bithaenge, aur humara sleepover bhi hoga."

Dhara hugged the girls, and said, "Shiva, summer holidays shuru ho gaye na, aaj humara girls' day hai," as Shiva harrumphed, and said, "Bhabhi, pann ye toh chipkali hai, iska ladki hone se kya naata hai? Bolo toh pesticide spray karke iska 1,2 ka 4 kar sakta hoon" as Hetal and Krish sniggered.

Raavi narrowed her eyes, gave the phone back to Hetal and said, "tera khana ho gaya na, tu nikal yahan se," pushing him away.

"Teri himmat, meri ghar pe, mujhe hi dhaaka maar rahi hai" said Shiva, his eyes flashing, and he grabbed her hands.

"Tu dekh, ek din, main isse ghar pe tujhe apne dumru pe dance karwaungi," said Raavi struggling to free herself.

"Shiva, bas! Raavi ab baachi nahi hai. Be gentle with her," warned Gaumbi.

"Pann, Gaumbi, iski harkatein bhi dekho..." he trailed off, seeing that Gaumbi wouldn't listen to his pleas against his precious Raavi. "udd le, ek din mera number bhi aayega," warning her and huffing to his room.

The camera panned to Raavi with Hetal in the swing, chatting and putting away clothes. "Krish, phone chod, aur bhootnath ko bula ke la", but Krish just yelled, "Shiva, bhai, aapki Raavi bula rahi hai!!"

"Kya hai, chipkali?"

"Dekh, maine Dhara Di ko help karke tumhare saare kapde sort kar liya hai", pointing to a pile nearby, "Ye saari shirts purani hai... I am going to throw it."

"Don't you dare throw any of my clothes," warned Shiva.

"Dekh, Dhara Di bhi yehi chahti hai" said Raavi stubbornly, as Shiva made a move to grab the shirts out of her hand. Raavi was quicker, she took the shirts she wanted to toss and ducked, ran around the swing, putting distance between them.

"Raavi, give the shirts back to me!"

"No, Dhara di told me to do it, and I will complete all the tasks she gave me. Why don't you focus on the new ones over there?" said Raavi, and as Shiva's attention was momentarily distracted, she made a run for the terrace. Without missing a beat, Shiva chased her up the terrace to stop her.

Krish was playing with Hetal's phone when Shiva came down carrying Raavi across his shoulders like one of the boris in Pandya Store.

"Shiva!! Chod Raavi ko!" yelled Hetal, then in a much calmer voice, said, "Dev is here, he is in the kitchen."

"Pooch is gadedhi se, isne kya kiya" said Shiva, setting her down, rolling his eyes.

"Raavi...Kya kiya tune?" asked Hetal dutifully.

"Nothing... I just cut off the sleeves off his t-shirts I wanted throw anyways... T-shirts se ganjis bann gaye, abhi bhi chahta hai toh pehen sakta hai..." said Raavi defensively, crossing her arms across her chest. Then instantly she realized the second half of what Hetal said, as and yelled, "DEV is here!"