Chapter 25

The next morning, sun rays twinkled through the colored windows. Raavi woke up wrapped in warm blankets, buried in Shiva's arms. This was different, waking up naked, in Shiva's arms, as his wife in the truest sense of the word. She was half-afraid; did she dream the last night? As she turned to snuggle deeper into Shiva's chest and arms, she felt slightly sore between her legs, proving last night had been real. She sighed deeply; she would never tire of being held so close in his arms. She looked up at Shiva, observing him. Her husband. Her soul mate. Her north star. In his sleep, hair spilling over his forehead, he looked so peaceful and cute. Out of her own volition, her index finger, lighter than a feather, leisurely traced down his forehead and his nose. She paused, then, resisting the urge to kiss him lest she woke him up. Her thumb traced the outer edge of his lips, moving inwar-ow!

Shiva bit down on her thumb. He opened his eyes and held her wrist and continued to suck on her thumb, as she struggled to shake it free. He let go of her thumb and in exchange pulled her over him. He ran his fingers through her hair, pulled her head down and kissed her. He kissed her slowly and languidly, his mouth drifting back and forth until her lips parted, and their tongues met tenderly and playfully. Raavi tugged his upper lip, then the lower, exploring like an adventuress, the velvet tension drawing pleasure sounds deep from his throat.

Lifting their lips apart, she lay on top of him, head on chest listening to his steady heartbeat, as he wrapped his arms around her. He locked his pinky finger with hers, and whispered "Happy Diwali, Chipkali"

She smiled, kissed their locked fingers, "Happy Diwali, Bandar"

Cheers to new beginnings.

She reached out to check the time on her phone. "Shiva, its 7 AM, I have to go, we have a busy day," sliding off him, wrapping the blankets around her, looking around for her clothes. He smiled at her disjointed efforts to dress herself, and watched as she slipped away, getting started on a brand-new day.

By the time, Raavi freshened up, made, and brought out morning chai, everyone had woken up and gathered around the aangan, wishing each other Happy Diwali.

As Raavi came by Shiva to give his cup of tea, he noticed her bare fingers. Hmm, maybe she will wear her ring after getting dressed for the day. As, he took the cup from her; her dupatta fell from one shoulder, revealing faint bruises around her neck, he hurriedly grabbed and wrapped it around her neck haphazardly and said, "ay gadhedi, dupatta wapas pehen, kahin sardi lag gayi toh?" gesturing to her neck. He mentally groaned, Kya kar raha hai Shiva!!

Rishita rolled her eyes and said, "dupatta pehen se sardi nahi lagti?"

He said, "arey Bhabhi, ye toh chipkali hai... isse kuch bhi ho sakta hai... kal hi khaans rahi thi. Bol na gadhedi," At her annoyed silence, and everybody's curious eyes on him, he hastily said, "dekhiye, iski muh mein dahi jam gayi hai, bol nahi rahi hai... zukaam hai, shayad."

"Bahot nahi ho raha tera?" asked Rishita, but luckily, they dropped the subject.

"All of us to have to take an herbal oil bath today and then come for pooja at 11 AM. The new clothes are near the mandir," said Dhara, giving them a bowl of oil infused with special herbs.

Raavi sat on the swing beside Shiva, sipping her tea. She was so happy, she felt like she was floating on clouds. Even Suman Kaki hadn't made any remarks, rather just accepted her sitting beside Shiva. She stole occasional glances at her husband, who in front of everyone was reserved, but in private was wicked and sinful. Chugging the last of her tea, she went to the kitchen to make breakfast and prep for lunch.