Chapter 21

In the morning, a pre-occupied Raavi was still thinking about last night's events as made her way to the aangan. Everyone was drinking Chai, discussing their plans for the day. Everyone except Krish, Shiva, Suman Kaki and herself would be spending the day outside attending meetings or visiting other family members after doing the pooja for Dhanteras. Raavi was thankful for that, it would give her an opportunity to prepare for Chef Vikaas Khanna's Chefs Helping Chefs Program. Surprisingly, they had sent an apologetic email that owing to their busy schedule, they would like to meet tomorrow amid the Diwali holidays. She could have pushed it, but she didn't want to let go of the opportunity that came knocking at her doorstep.

"Raavi Bhabhi, aaj khana sirf humare liye banega, naa... kya idea hai?" asked Krish.

"Tu bata, kya khaega?" said Raavi ruffling his hair, answering question with a question. She couldn't think about food when her mind was busy thinking about last night's steamy kisses. Krish said, "hmm...Aloo Poori, uske saath kuch meetha, such as caramel Phirni, ya rose saffron sheera," practically salivating at 8 AM in the morning.

"Aay Margundi gaay, mujhe bas khichdi chahiye," said Suman refusing to eat the unhealthy food Krish requested.

"Arrey Raavi, Shiva se nahi poochegi, kya khaega?" asked Dhara Bhabhi smiling. Raavi looked at Shiva, raised her eyebrow in question, turning pink remembering the events of last night, images of waking up to his face buried in her chest and his arms wrapped around her, swirled in her head.

Shiva saw Raavi' cheeks turn pink, and he knew exactly what she was thinking. He realized last night he had changed the terms of their relationship permanently, and complicated issues between them a hundred-fold, but truth be told he only could remember his Raavi's kisses. He knew kissing Raavi would be... fiery, but she exceeded his wildest expectations. She was so innocently passionate, fierce, ardently eager, as if she could absorb all of his passions, his adoration and desire for her and give him the purest part of herself: her lov—that's enough Shiva. But his mind and other parts of his body had other plans; all night he had been blessed with images of her under him, begging him to kiss her, letting him love her however he wanted. He shook his head, forcing himself to stop thinking about her gorgeous body. He knew he had broken the invisible barrier between them; things could never go back to the way they used to be, and the inevitable would happen sooner or later.

But when he caught her eye, he mischievously thought to himself, Iss Chipkali ki poonch keechne main bahot maaza aata hai. Setting down his chai, he went up to her, touched her pink stained cheeks, "rehne do, Bhabhi, jo main khana chata hoon, iski bas ki baat nahi hai" he smirked. With that he left to take a shower, leaving the rest of his family shocked.

Shiva had a lazy morning, as he ran errands that Raavi gave him. To keep some semblance of normalcy, she ordered him about saying khane ki shauk hai toh kaam bhi karo. He was lounging with Krish playing video games and surreptitiously watching Raavi prep for her meeting. He knew Raavi was the right choice to set up the dessert bar within the Pandya Store. When she put her mind to something, she was hardworking and enterprising, with a passion for cooking. She studiously worked on her plans and menu, often frowning, or biting her lip. But when she stumbled upon something she had done right, her eyes lit up with joy, and gave herself a self-satisfied smile. It made him want to take her to a secret corner, protect her and keep her all to himself.

Shiva was distracted out of his thoughts, as Raavi beckoned him to show him her presentation and asked, "kaisa laga?" He sat beside her on the swing and looked at her work so far. She had designed her menu such that they would be using items produced locally in Gujarat which would keep the cost lower than having to import from out of state suppliers. It was simple, cozy, familiar and very Gujarati.