Chapter 23

In the afternoon, after her meeting with Chef Vikaas Khanna, and lunch, Hetal had come over to Pandya Niwas and everyone was hanging out in the aangan as a family and discuss plans for Diwali. They accepted Hetal's invitation to go to a Bollywood themed Diwali party at a resort tomorrow evening, and everyone was excited. The ladies were discussing and planning outfits for tomorrow's party, and the four brothers were playing cards, sitting crossed legged in the aangan. Hetal, Shiva and Raavi had also planned they would play dumb charades, and Truth or Dare and Carrom Board and whatever else they could think of. For the first time in many days the atmosphere in the house was peaceful and relaxed, even Suman couldn't find anything to complain.

"What's the name of the place we are going to, Hetal?" asked Raavi absent-mindedly.

She was focused on someone very specifically, and how to bother the crap out of this someone. He really shouldn't have kissed her, and then taken her to the beach, and done things to her in the storeroom. Now, all she wanted was to resolve this whole divorce situation between them and get on to better things. Like...what got her in this impatient frustrated place. He had shown her the sun, the moon, and the stars, and was now holding on to this divorce, like a girl holding on to the pallu of her saree. Gadheda. Raavi had had enough. She would play fire with fire. He would come to her on his knees and tell her he didn't want this divorce. Whatever be the consequences.

"It is called BlueFox Resorts facing the Somnath Beach and markets, so should be fun!" said Hetal, "it's a place you should know very well," winking at them, as Raavi and Shiva exchanged looks. It was near the beach they went to yesterday and was adjacent to the place they had visited during their Grad Excursion.

"Raavi, idhar cards dekh, bol Krish cheat kar raha hai," said Shiva, intensely focused on winning, and yanking her beside him.

"Dhyaan se!" chided Dhara, as Raavi fell sideways on him, loosing balance to the force with which he pulled her.

"Isse kuch nahi hoga, hamesha toh mere upar girti padti hai!" said Shiva, watching her sardonically, as she 'struggled to get off him', squeezing his biceps, his shoulders, taking her sweet time getting up.

"Help kar uski, Shiva!" said Dhara Bhabhi, to which he just flicked a bored glance at her nautanki and said, "khud utt jaayegi." All throughout lunch, his chipkali turned into Sexy Savitri, had brushed her breasts against his arm, 'accidentally re-adjusted' her dupatta as she bent over his plate to serve him roti, just in general was teasing him and turning him on. Playing with fire. Dramebaaz.

He just turned to Raavi, with a tell-me-I-can-win-this-game look, resisting the urge to kiss her.

"Mujhe khelne nahi dete, pann mera help chahiye. Shiva, kitni baar sikhaya hai, tu hamesha galat karta hai, Krish kuch cheat nahi kar raha hai," chided Raavi, coming up to sit beside him, pressing up her delicious body against his bicep. Again. Nautanki.

"Not fair!" exclaimed Dev, "If Raavi helps Shiva, then Rishita gets to help me!"

"And, Dhara Bhabhi gets to help me," said Krish. With that Gaumbi diplomatically bowed out of the game and sat beside Suman to watch the rest of them play.

"AND I WIN!" exclaimed Shiva. Of all the brothers, Shiva was most competitive and took these games way too seriously. Gaumbi smiled and said, "Because of Raavi. She is your lucky charm."

"Woh toh hai!" agreed Shiva instantly and when everyone gave him teasing looks; he lamely corrected himself by adding, "card games main... kyunki itni acchi jo khelti hai..." Suman almost rolled her eyes. It was very obvious that with each passing day, Shiva wasn't getting over Raavi, on the contrary, he had stopped talking about the divorce and looked more captivated by her than ever before. However, she feared that Raavi held such power over her son's emotions with one breath, one word, she could destroy him.