Chapter 20

Shiva sat in the pooja but soon he realized he missed his pretty little wife, who was mad he teased her about her smudged lipstick and asked him to stay away from her. Mentally chuckling at her offended anger, he quietly got up, and found Raavi in the kitchen, focused on frosting Dhara Bhabhi's birthday cake. He really didn't have any reason to be here, he just sought out her company. With each passing day, he could feel the barriers they had put between themselves were tumbling, leaving nothing but their vulnerable selves. He loved every second he spent with her – something about Raavi completely charmed him. Coming up beside her, he leaned against the kitchen countertops; he licked the frosting, and said, "Tujhe dekhke lagta hai, tu iss kitchen ki permanent chipkali hai."

"Dekh, bhoothnath, ab mujhe taang mat kar, mujhe ye cake Dhara Di ke liye perfect banana hai," said Raavi focused on her cake. He watched her in silence, she straightened herself in a few minutes, looked at him expectantly and asked, "ye dekh, kaisa laga?"

Shiva was amazed by her talent and skill--- she made a cake with frosting in soft pastel shades and butterflies decorated all around. Unable to resist, he went under her saree to grab her waist, looked into her eyes, and said, "Aacha hai..." His eyes shined with mirth as he continued, "but when caterpillar can turn into butterfly, a chipkali can definitely bake a pretty cake."

Exasperated, she wiggled to break free from his arms, but he kept her in place tightening his hold on her.

"Jaa, na, uss Dishu ke paas..." she pouted, looking away from him.

Shiva looked at Raavi, who looked stunning in the same yellow saree and green blouse she wore they first got married. Her pallu was gathered carelessly on her shoulder with the ends tucked into her hips. Her long hair cascaded down her back, all perfectly complimenting her slim, lithe figure. The soft color on her lips and cheeks accentuated the two beauty marks on her face. The beauty marks that haunted his erotic dreams, when all of his facades slipped away, and he was simply a man who wanted his wife. Right now, she looked so delectable, he wanted to take her to some dark corner and f**k her senseless. Unable to resist, he tipped her chin towards him, looked into her hazel eyes, and ever so slowly reached up to wipe off the frosting from her forehead. He made a show of inspecting her face and wiped off more residual frosting from her chin and finally, corner of her lips. He showed her his thumb as evidence. Your move, his eyes dared her.

What was he doing daring her? He knew she wouldn't be able to back down from any challenge. But, if this is how he wanted to play this game, so be it. Without breaking eye contact, she boldly grabbed his thumb, bent her head, and sucked his finger clean, bit his thumb before letting go with an audible pop. Shiva instantly felt the blood travel downwards, and he almost groaned.

What was happening to her? She didn't even know she would react like that to his thumb. Physical proximity to Shiva wasn't new to her but recently being in close proximity made her want to kiss him senseless and beg him to take her to some dark corner and do unspeakable things to her. She was still reeling from seeing her Chattan Pandya in a towel. This was all Hetal's fault, she thought to herself, mentally chiding her best friend for showing all those videos. Of course, she also blamed her sexy Chattan in a towel. He was the reason she was in this predicament. If he wasn't so delicious, her life would be so much easier.

As they stared at each other, each surprised by the other's move; Dishu barged in jolting them out of their reverie. "Disha, tu?" said Shiva, as Raavi huffed in annoyance. He made no move to remove his arms, just casually he asked "kya hua?"

"Oh, I want some warm water" Dishu said, going to the stove near Shiva, her gaze hyper focused on Shiva's arms. At the same time, Raavi's phone rang, shifting Shiva's momentary lapse in attention back to Raavi.