Futo & Ema

Previous
"I hope you can forgive me in time, Yu-kun." She murmurs, feeling a bit better after saying that and stands up and walks over to her bed. After dressing for her bed and brushing her teeth in the bathroom, she climbs onto her bed and pulls the covers over her body. Not even a second after she has hit her pillow, she's out like light. Moonlight shines upon them, casting a silvery light through the room.

The door creaks open.

Third p.o.v
Yuri's face is shone upon by the soft light, his expression relaxed and smooth without all the nervosity as Futo comes closer, his body hidden beneath a thick cover. He stops about a feet away from Yuri, there's a crease between his eyebrows.
"I'm not going to you get away." He finally breaks the silence with a whisper, his lips formed into a slight pout. "You're mine." He places his hand next to Yuri's head, luckily the animal is on the other side so he doesn't have to worry about waking it up. The mattress dips as another weight settles on the bed. Futo's throat bobs up and down as he swallows nervously and gazes down at the smaller boy beneath him.
"Yuri...." As in response to his voice, Yuri turns slightly away and starts mumbling. Curiously about what he's trying to say, Futo bends over, closer to Yuri's face.
"Don't leave.... Please.... Don't leave."
"Huh?" Futo freezes, unsure on how to respond to this.
"Don't leave....promise.... Be good...don't." English and Japanese mix together, making it a mess of the sentences but he can catch most of it. Eyes wide, he settles a bit better so he's more comfortable and listens carefully. Sweat gathers on his forehead.
"Gone...don't go....." Yuri continues, curling into himself, the mumbling speeds up. "Promise....promise....don't go."
"What?" It is difficult to comprehend. Had it not been nearly five in the morning, he might have been able to place the disjointed words together, but it was still in the morning and he had been up early. He comes even closer to Yuri's mouth.
"Don't go.... Come back." Yuri whimpers, finally, finally loud enough for Futo to hear correctly. Although he wishes he didn't. He'd never heard Yuri - or anyone in that matter - sound so (broken) afraid, so pathetic. He wonders who's he talking about. It can't be Ema, she's right there and from what he has heard, they have made up. It also can't be the rat, it's laying right next to Yuri. Maybe their father?
"Don't go." Another forlorn whimper slips past Yuri's lips as his fingers clench and unclench. "I'm sorry." A tear leaks from his right eye. Not being able to bear it anymore, Futo abruptly stands up.
"What am I doing?" He whispers to himself and blinks, staring up at the ceiling, he has never felt more pathetic than right now. Because what was he doing? He was about to touch, to kiss someone laying there defenseless without the person realizing. He wonders how often Yuri dreamed like this, whimpering and begging for this person. How many times Yuri had woken up and felt the disappointment that the person was not there.
"Shit, what am I doing?" He says and hurries out of the room. He can't put up with hearing Yuri's voice anymore, crying out for someone. The room is too constricting, too hot. He has to get away. Yuri's sobs and shudders are shut down as he closes the door behind him, even though Futo can still hear them inside his head. He storms away.

The door opens nearly flying, revealing Futo as he storms into the living room. His face is determined and frustrated. Hikaru looks up, mildly surprised at the interruption and the fact that Futo is never this early up.
"You're up awfully early." He neutrally comments, hoping to elicit some response from Futo. Ignoring Hikaru, he goes straight to A/C, lowering the temperature almost violently. A sigh of relief escapes his lips as the cool air hits his face.
"Hey, that's turning it down too low! I'm not a fan of the A/C!" Exclaims Hikaru, wrapping his arms around himself in order to warm up a little. Goosebumps arise on his arms. Futo snaps back.
"How can you act like this heat is nothing?!"
"This heat?" Hikaru frowns, confused. "The night breeze is almost chilly."
"What?" He looks behind Hikaru as a cold puff of air hits him. The curtain moves. For a moment all he can do is stare, too stunned to do-say something. Feeling compelled to break the silence, Hikaru opens his mouth.
"Did something happen?"
"Not a thing happened." Futo answers too fast and stubbornly looks away from Hikaru's eyes. "Not a thing.... I couldn't do...a thing." About three seconds pass before Futo moves again. He throws the controller Hikaru's way. Not glancing at him nor Wataru who just walks into the room he quickly ducks through the door Wataru just came through.
"Fu?" Wataru stares after him, confused by his actions. A mysterious smile graces Hikaru's lips.
"So he's earnest, now."

"Hmmm?" Ema blinks slowly, and for a seconds she need to figure out where she is. She rubs her eyes and looks around the room, wondering what woke her up. Shadows are dancing across the enlightened room.
A mumble reaches her ears. Oh. Yuri has always talked in his sleep. Usually there were funny sentences and weird ones. But right now.... They sound pained. Yuri is currently sprawled across the bed, one hand was lying limply off the bed. Lily was lying just right next to Yuri's head, her belly showing and her paws in the air. Apparently Yuri had found the room a bit too hot, since he has kicked the covers off of him, showing that he is only wearing boxers, his lean body on display.
"Please....don't go." Ema shoots right up from her bed and scoots towards Yuri, taking a good look at him. He turns his head, now facing Ema. Sweat runs down his body like a waterfall, the hand falling off the bed clenches the side of the bed tightly, making his knuckles turn white as Yuri trembles and moans. Another whimper is heard and Ema can't take it anymore.
She abruptly gets up and crouches down next to Yuri's bed, Ema ducks her head a little so she can see Yuri's face better.
"Don't go.... Promise....I'll be good.... Please." There's a crease between his eyebrows and she doesn't miss the way there are tears leaking down from his tightly shut eyes. Ema reaches out and place her thumb on the frown. She starts shushing Yuri softly as she rubs the crease with smooth, practiced motions.
"It's okay, everything's okay." She whispers and wipes another tear away. He's probably dreaming about his brother again. The way Yuri's lying, it makes him look so young and vulnerable it nearly takes Ema's breath away. Ema drops her head so both of their forehead's are touching.
"I'm sorry, I'm so fucking sorry, Yuri." She says softly, voice full of sorrow and tears.
"I-It's alright." Her eyes fly open and she pulls back. "Yuri? Oh, god, are you alright?" Yuri's eyes are half-open, showing he's still half asleep and drowsy. Though there's a quick nod.
"Come into t-the bed?" He whispers, vulnerable and tired. Ema nods wordlessly and stands up so she can crawl under the covers which Yuri has lifted up. He slowly manoeuvres so she can also fit onto the bed. Pulling the blanket over the both of them, they keep laying there in silence for a minute.
"Just like old times?" Ema offers weakly as a joke. Yuri says nothing for a long while and for a moment Ema's afraid that she ruined the moment. After another few long seconds she realizes Yuri's breath has evened out and his eyes are closed. A breathless laugh escapes her.
"Just like old times." She whispers to herself. Yuri always seems younger -younger than he already is - when he's asleep, although she can see the stress beginning to get to Yuri, the strain is showing on his face. It makes her heart ache.
With a final, unnecessary adjustment to the covers she pulls it over her chin and cuddles closer to Yuri. She wants to make sure she was close by in case Yuri was having problems with sleeping again. She wishes she could all whisk it away, however, the scars of losing his brother at a young age will probably never really go away. Rubbing his back as she keeps Yuri close to her, she falls once again in a deep sleep.