Lunch

Previous
She throws one last look behind her before shutting the lights out and starts making her way downstairs, and stops just before the last stair step and watches silently Yuri bustling around the table, helping Masaomi and Ukyo with the food as the boy he brought with him is wrestling with Lily about something trivial.

Where did they go wrong?

Yuri p.o.v
As I am bustling around the table, helping Masaomi, Ukyo and the rest, my mind wanders of a little, the doubt hitting me on full force of our conversation and the last few days. What if I did it wrong? Was I too harsh? What if she hates me? What about the brothers? What if I am intruding? What if I am being a nuisance? My face scrunches up a little as a place the glasses on the table and fail to notice Haru's slight frown as he gazes at me. He's so focused on me, he doesn't see Lily sneaking towards the meat he's currently busy with until it is too late. What if-
"오,이 작은 똥!" (Oi, you little shit!). Is snarled from a well known voice and me and the brothers turn around at the commotion only to see Haru almost jump over the counter of the kitchen to grab a fleeting Lily, who is cackling while still being able to maintain onto the piece of meat she has in her mouth.
Tsubaki has a smug smirk on his lips as he watches Haru chasing Lily around while Azusa scolds him lightly as he turns back to place the plates onto the table, Wataru is laughing and clapping, Masaomi just shakes his head, but smiles before turning back to the fried eggs he is making, and Ukyo chuckles under his breath and momentarily takes over Haru's task.
July has his arms crossed and sighs in disappointment as he sits on top of my shoulder as he stayed downstairs to keep an eye on Lily and to let us talk. His frustrated face....is kind of cute. My head snaps up at and I shake my head, causing July to almost fall of as my cheeks burn in embarrassment.
With another mad cackle, Lily manages to slip out of his grasp, and frustration flies over his face as he groans. And I don't know if it's because of the nervousness or the face he's making, but I make the mistake of letting out a giggle right as he passes me. He slowly comes to a halt, his back still turned to me, but I can feel an ominous aura emitting from him, and immediately regret my decision.
"Yuriiiii....." He says, and slowly turns around as I stiffen up and try to swallow again. His eyes meet mine's and we stare at each other for a few seconds, and I can see from the corner of my eye that Tsubaki is looking pissed off. My attention is brought back, however, to Haru as he brings a slim finger up to point at Lily, and comments all of the sudden with a deadpanned expression on his face, "Control your rat or Imma chop her up and use her to make the soup." His dry voice or Lily's indignant squeak are what get me, or even my nerves about meeting the brothers again, makes me sputter and then I burst out laughing, the tension leaving my body as Lily jumps around, the piece of meat long forgotten, screeching loudly about calling her a 'rat' and how she won't taste yummy.
I don't notice Haru cracking a quick smile, that disappears as quickly as it came, and I'm wiping my tears that are gathering in my eyes as a loud cough startles me. I jump up, my cheeks flushing as I meet Tsubaki's dark eyes. "Food is ready, Masaomi is already calling to others to go downstairs." Haru eyes him for a moment, as if he's gauging him, and then shrugs before turning to me. "Alright, you coming, Pipsqueak?"

Well...this is a little awkward. I sweat drop slightly at the way that Haru is almost seated at the end of the table. On the left of him is sitting Subaru, who looks like he'd rather be somewhere else, then Iori, who stood up a second ago to help Ukyo with the last bits.
And then Tsubaki, who is...sneaking glances at the both of us? And next to Tsubaki is Azusa, Wataru, who already started eating, and Masaomi, who gives me a warm smile.
Ema is sitting on my right, who is occasionally shifting in her seat, and Yusuke is on my right, who I also can feel his gaze on me from time to time.
I sigh softly under my breath and scratch Lily behind her ears after she finally calmed after the whole ordeal about reassuring her that, no, we weren't going to eat her, and no, I wouldn't let Haru do anything to her.
"Wow, you made all of this?" Asks Ema, looking in awe at all the food, and we simultaneously turn to the soft clack of the last plate placed onto the table, to see a smiling Ukyo. "Yes. I had a lot of assistants today, so I couldn't resist increasing the number of the dishes." I look around the table and almost drool at some food.
"Kyo-bro worked us way too hard." Sighs Tsubaki with a dramatic expression. "Not like you were of much help." Adds Haru, pointedly ignoring the heated gaze Tsubaki throws him as Azusa gives them both warning glares. The air in the room turns awkward again, and I also throw a small glare at Haru, in which he returns with a shrug, but nods as indicating he would stop. He turns back to Masaomi.
"Btw, I have been wondering this for a while now, but 빌어 먹을 how many brothers do you all have?" (Fucking). He asks, a ridiculous expression on his face as he looks around the table. Masaomi chuckles softly at that, "Thirteen brothers, Ema and Yuri have joined us a few months ago." This is the first time I've ever seen Haru so surprised, and I suppress a giggle at his face.
"이런 젠장, 내가 뭘하게 된거 야?" (Holy shit, what did I get myself into?). The noise of a chair pulled back, brings me back to Ukyo, who has a curious glance in his eyes. "That reminds me, I also have heard you speaking another language for a few times now. Where are you from?" He asks, his voice polite as he addresses Haru, who in return quirks his eyebrow up, but answers in a dry voice. "Japan, Nagoya."
"He asked where you came from and what your language is, which is obviously not Japanese." Scoffs Tsubaki, and gets another glare from Azusa send his way. My mood sours a little at that. Haru simply shrugs, "I'm born and raised in Nagoya, so I'm from Japan, if you meant my ethnicity, my mother is from North Korea and my father from South Korea, they taught me Korean."
Wataru springs to attention at that, and looks at Haru with shining eyes. "Oh! Oh! Is it a difficult language? Where do you really come from? How do you write my name? How do you-?" Masaomi gently interrupts Wataru. "Wataru, it's not polite to ask such questions." Haru shrugs again at Masaomi's comment, "I don't really mind, as long as you don't ask the second question again, I'll be glad to pass on some wisdom to you." Wataru nods rapidly at Haru's answer, and gives him a quick apology.
The tension in the air has dissolved at their exchange and slowly but surely conversations around me start up, the air much lighter than before. With a relieved smile, I start eating, the sounds around me calming the nerves I had about this visit. Maybe...Maybe everything will be alright.

Hey, guys, I know this is a bit late, and I apologize for it, but... With everything going with school, it's just really busy. So I hope you can accept that and still continue reading.
Have a nice day and stay safe.