Talk

Previous
All of the sudden a hand out of the air grabs the paper, and I watch with a gaping mouth as Haru shoves it aggressively in his pocket. "Sorry. That sentence pissed me off." He shoots them a friendly, fake smile. "Why did you do that?" Whines Wataru.
"Now, Wataru, that's enough." Cuts Masaomi in, albeit gently and lays a hand on his shoulder. He then turns to me. "Are you tired?"
I shake my head. "N-No." He nods at my answer. "If it's okay with you, it's a bit early, but how about lunch?"

Yuri p.o.v
While Masaomi, Ukyo and the rest are forced to make lunch, even Haru, me and Ema are about to talk while Lily and July stayed in the living room. I think Lily is about to tear July a new one. I stifle my giggle as I think back at Haru's sour face as he was told he to help making lunch. They're are probably gonna extract information from him about where we were and what we were doing.
"Do you want to talk in my room or your room?" Ema's voice snaps me out of my thoughts and I avert my eyes from her face to her hands, my cheek stings as a reminder. "Y-Your room." I don't want to talk in mine. She nods, and I catch an emotion in her eyes that I can't quite place. Before I can comment on it, she already turns around and starts walking away, leaving me behind.
I almost stumble over my own feet to try and catch up with her and take a note about her posture. Her shoulder are tense and her movements stiff. Is she also doubting and feeling guilty about the whole ordeal that happened? I silently wonder.
Left her behind....
Stole the brothers from her...
I shake my head. I...I just wanted to find a place to call home. A house that my brother died in, isn't something I can call a home anymore. If it wasn't for the fact I decided to come to a halt all of the sudden saved me from crashing into Ema's back.
She silently opens the door and lets me in, closing it behind me before making her way to her bed. I stand there for a second, debating whether or not I should sit next to her, but decide in the end not to do it, because.... I don't want to be in reach of her hands.
I sit down on her bureau chair. The moment I sit I start fiddling with my hands, not knowing what to say and apparently Ema also doesn't know.
"Maybe that's why your brother left you."
"D-Do you mean t-that?" "Yes."
"You left me! You barely talked to me!"
My hands start unconsciously to shake, which I don't notice till my I feel my lips quivering. I squeeze my eyes shut for a second to take a deep breath and then look up, right in Ema's eyes. She opens her mouth before I can even say anything.
"I...want to apologize. What...I did and said was wrong and.... I just panicked, I was scared I was going to lose my second family, too, but instead hurt you." She looks away from me.
I let out a quiet sigh and answer; "I understand." Her eyes looking hopeful as she turns to me is heartbreaking to see. I wonder....did I look like that, too, when I was trying to talk to her. "You do?" She smiles. It is full of relief and happiness, and I can't help but feel slightly envious at her showing relief.
She starts getting up, her white teeth are showing as she laughs and starts exclaiming, "Thank you, thank you, thank you-!"
"B-But that d-doesn't dismiss the f-fact you hurt m-m-me." And just like that the light in her eyes dims and she sits back down, her expression is like I killed her puppy or something. My eyebrow twitches a little, and I feel like my blood is about to boil over.
"Yes, but-" I hold up my hand and cut her off again.
"E-Ema, I-I'm sorry, but y-you don't get t-to d-decide If y-ou hurt me o-or not." Her mouth snaps shut with a click and I stand, trying to grab onto the leftovers of my posture and jut my chin up. Just like a few days ago.
"F-First of all, w-why are you t-thanking m-me like I-I somehow mended our r-relationship, which, n-needs to happen o-on both s-sides. A-And second of a-all, say sorry i-if you mean it-t, I d-don't want fake a-ap-apologizes." She jumps up, looking surprised, confused and shocked at the same time.
"B-But I mean it! I am seriously sorry about saying all those things to you!" She holds one hand against her chest while gesturing around her. "B-But do you m-mean it? D-Do you t-think y-you were i-in the wrong?" Her lips form a thin line and her hands fall to her side, her knuckles are slowly turning white, so hard she's clenching down.
"I-I love you, E-Ema. L-Like a big s-sister or-or even m-mom who cared f-for me w-when my b-biological parents c-couldn't and w-wouldn't. But...." I face her head on. "B-But d-don't apologize before y-you understand w-what you d-did was wrong and y-you've proven t-that y-you're trying to fix i-it."
I turn around, feeling my eyes start to sting and am about to walk out of the door, but stop at a her voice. "...all right." It is soft, barely audible but it is a response anyways. Feeling a little proud of her already starting to try and fix it, my lips wobble slightly and I quickly walk away, feeling a lot more relieved than when I came here.
Maybe...maybe this can be a home for me, too. And maybe...things can still be all right.