Package

Previous
"Do you want that photo?"
"What?" I look up at Azusa in surprise, my lips parted.

Yuri p.o.v
I vaguely register that was the first time I said something without stuttering, but continue to stare at him. This is the first time someone gave me a picture...
"Oh...That's not what you meant, right? Sorry, that was weird of me." I start waving my hands around frantically, secretly wanting this picture so I can make a photo album for Ema with this one in it.
"N-No! U-Uhm....Can I really k-keep it?"
"What?" He looks surprised, clearly not expecting that from me wanting to keep it. He smiles bashfully after that, a soft blush on his cheeks. "Of course. If you want that thing." I'm sure Ema is going to like it as I'll show her the photo album! Oh, my gosh. I hope she likes it. An arm is thrown over Azusa's shoulders as a teasing voice speaks.
"Hey, what's this? Is this you trying to steal a march?" Tsubaki's voice is light as he asks a question, which I don't understand. Apparently Azusa thinks so, too.
"Huh? What're you saying?"
"Azusa, you sly bastard." He continues, grasping Azusa's chin softly between his fingers. If I was an otaku, I would be fawning of this and blood would shoot out of my nose. I think a bit dryly, watching them conversing.

Third p.o.v
Their footsteps come slowly to a stop before their own bedrooms. "Well, good night." Azusa is the first one to say something, opening the door with his key. "Good night!" Is a cheerful reply. As his hand grasp the doorknob of his room Tsubaki say something else.
"Oh, yeah..." He glances at him, not expecting to see Tsubaki is serious. "You know, I'll put it to you bluntly, I'm not backing down when it comes to him. Not even for you, Azusa." He continues, hinting to someone. The glance in his eyes tells enough. Tsubaki seems satisfied as he turns to his opening his own door, and disappears. The words are hanging heavy in the air as Azusa replays what just happened.
"Tsubaki..." He whispers softly.

Yuri p.o.v
"S-Stop laughing! I whine, trying to stop Lily who has been laughing for the past fifteen minutes.
"Hahaha-how-haha-can I-haha-not?!" She gasps for breath and stops for a second with laughing till she looks at my pouting face and promptly bursts out laughing again. I puff out my cheeks, crossing my arms.
"S-So mean." My eyes fall on the photo of Azusa. It's...actually nice to have been giving a photo a soft smile makes it's way onto my face. I have never been gifted something simple like a picture, so I'm really happy with Ema who gave a camera to take photos, so I'm secretly making a photo album and gift it to her with many memories of us, Lily, July, and our new family.

Next morning
"I-I'm so happy there was a discount o-on leeks! When was the l-last time I've eaten them?" I almost start skipping happily, but remind myself that those bags are heavy and I can barely carry them when I'm walking. Lily shrugs, but licks her lips at the mention of leeks.
"I don't know, but I'm sure as hell am gonna get a taste of that." She starts chuckling nervously at my small glare directed her way, looking away from me while whistling. How does she know how to whistle?
"What're you doing here?" A voice rudely asks to someone else at the front door. I can clearly hear Subaru, but who's the other one? I carefully peak around the corner, being extra cautious to not get caught by them. And I have a small break from carrying these heavy bags.
"Even I've got things that I need to come home for. And I had to make a little delivery, too." Natsume answers Subaru calmly, holding a white package in his right hand. I eye the packet in his hand, curiously shining in my eyes. What would be in there?
"How have things been ever since?" I actually never noticed, but Subaru is taller than Natsume, it looks a little bit funny. Lily gives me a deadpanned look, like she's reading my mind. She probably is.
"You do realize that you're smaller than both of them, don't you?" The corner of my mouth twitches, a vein is already pulsing in my forehead. "D-Did you say something?"
"No, sir!" I almost miss the next words due to our pointless quibble. "That's none of your business." Tsk's Subaru, looking quite done with this conversation already.
"I understand that you're unhappy with me because of the past. There's nothing I can say about that. But this is your problem." He emphasizes 'your'. "If you're planning to pursuing basketball seriously, focus your full attention on it. Don't get distracted by unnecessary things." His last words apparently ticks Subaru off.
"Unnecessary things...? What would you know?! And besides, why should I have to take this from you?! Maybe it's really me that you're thinking about, but him!" He shoots back, turning his body wholly to Natsume again, his eyes flashing in anger. Who's he talking about? I mean...I don't know....I sweat drop a bit at my thoughts.
It seems like Natsume has no answer on it and after a second, Subaru huff. Turns his back to him and opens the door, disappearing inside. I have to go inside, but otherwise Natsume might see me and I don't want to get caught eavesdropping on their conversation.
"You..." I'm already to late with thinking about that, because I just got caught. I can see from the corner of my eye that Lily facepalms, heaving out a deep sigh.
"U-Uh, I-I'm sorry! I overheard your c-conversation." Meaning; I was eavesdropping and caught by you, so now I'm just trying to talk my way out it.
"Nah, I'm glad I got to see you. I was about to go home without giving you this." Is he talking about the package in his hand? Does that mean it is for me?!
"Here, a sample of our new game." He holds out the package to me and I grasp it, a feeling of happiness flows through me, not noticing our pinkies are touching before that moment is broken by me pulling back.
"O-Oh, t-thank you very much." I squeal on the inside. That means I got a new game! I have to show Ema! She probably wants to play it as badly as I d-
"And about what Subaru said. Don't let it bother you. He was just upset." But...Shouldn't Natsume be the more upset one about their interaction?
"O-Okay, don't let it bother you, too, Natsume." I give him a closed eye smile, feeling that this day is going to be good.
"You're really good natured to smile even at a time like this. If anything comes up, give me a call." Huh? I blink slowly, watching him walk away. What does he mean by that? An annoying voice loudly howls into my ear, making my ear even more deaf. "You still have to carry the bagggggssss!"
Feeling quite ticked off by her antics I pick up the bags, carrying them. The smug, satisfied smile of Lily tells me enough. With a deadpanned face, I open the door, pick up Lily from her shoulder and place her on the stones. Smashing the door in front of her, I turn around again and sigh in relief. "P-Peace."
Screeching sounds of her outside brings a small, satisfied smile onto my face.