Birthday Cake & Strawberry

Yuri p.o.v
"What? Why not? Do you hate cake?" Ema looks mostly surprised by his weird behaviour while I'm just done for today. What's wrong with this family? I'm getting a headache from this back and forth. I pinch the bridge of my nose and exhale quietly. I'm not made for this. Lily seems to be cackling at my misery and I mentally take away any donuts from her in the future.
"No, it's not like that, but.... You made the effort to make it and I'd feel bad about not eating it, but..." I share a look with Lily, trying to convey with my eyes only that 'there must be something wrong with this guy, because why else would he be acting this way'? Lily shrugs her shoulders like she doesn't understand him either.
"But, somehow I can't..." well, then, don't eat the cake. I can't help but think a little sarcastically at his half-assed explanation. Yusuke looks dejected, which is weird, because he's rejecting to eat the cake, but what do I know? Family dynamics, that's what I don't know.  His explanation still hasn't cleared up any confusions, and when I glance Ema's way, it seems like she feels the same way.
I could maybe, maybe slightly understand it better if it was because of a diet, because look at me, so many teachers and coaches have told me I should go on a diet, because I look fat while doing ballet. It was quite disheartening to hear it from someone you look up to, and quite damaging to you self-esteem as well. It took me quite a while to come to terms with my body, and to this day, I still struggle with it occasionally.
"O-Okay?"
"Yusuke?" A shoulder bumps up against Yusuke's shoulder and Tsubaki's teasing voice cuts in the conversation. He looks like he's up to nothing good and a shiver runs down my spine.
"Oh really? So you're not going to have any, Yusuke? Then I'll eat your share, too." I almost take a step back as he suddenly bends closer to the both of us. Tsubaki stares Ema straight into the eyes.
"What?"
"After all, it's a cake made full of your love, right? I feel like I could eat every crumb I could get my hands on."
"H-Hey, Tsuba-bro?" Tsubaki acts like Yusuke's voice is just background noise and gives Ema a close-eyed smile.
"Oh, I know!" He chirps brightly, grinning. "I think it'd make me super happy if you'd feed it to me. Come on, do it! Do it!" I look at him like he's off his head, like what is he trying to do with all this. I've been here for no more than 48 hours, and this is how they act?
"What, uhm..."
"Or, would you rather I fed you instead?" Yeah no. "I'd be fine with that, too." I stare at Tsubaki in distaste. It feels like the scene in front of me is going in slowmotion. I watch in horror as Tsubaki picks up a strawberry and almost shoved it towards Ema to take a bite out of it. Does he not see that she's uncomfortable? Or he does he just not care? A vein pops up on my forehead. People who act like that are the worst, disregarding someone's personal space, not accepting the soft No and ignoring when someone is uncomfortable. I take a step forwards.
"Here, say, 'Ah'." Enough. Without a second thought, I jump forward and close my lips around the strawberry. My lips slide over the rough pad of his fingers as I pull back. A stunned silence has fallen over the room as I chew the juicy strawberry. Lily is laughing in the background.
The clicking sound of me swallowing feels abnormally loud. I stare Tsubaki straight into the eyes and with an straight-faced expression, say; "Yum."
"Okay, now, that's enough of that, Tsubaki." Finally some brothers seem to snap out of their strange trance, although the brother that tells Tsubaki off is not someone I have seen before. Did he just arrive while I was focused on the exchange between Ema and Tsubaki?
"Yes, sir!" Tsubaki just smiles teasingly, also snapping out of staring at his thumb - weird - and away, "But it looks like the key person in question is in no state to enjoy it."
We all turn to where Subaru is sitting. He has been strangely quiet throughout the whole ordeal and a reddish blush is covering his cheeks. Is he sick?
"What? Oh, no.." He trails off. I glance to Ema from the corner of my eyes. The sweet taste of strawberries is still in my mouth. I lick my lips.
"Don't worry. It's not like he's sick or something." Of course he isn't. "Or no, maybe it is an illness. The kind even a doctor can't cure, you know?"
"What?" Asks Ema behind me as I stare up at Kaname, not entirely sure what he's trying to convey with that.
"Well, I'm suffering from the same illness, though." If I was drinking at that moment, I would have spit it out right then and there. Why are you speaking in cryptic riddles? A hand curls around my shoulder and pulls me closer, up against a hard body.
"If possible, I'd like to have this illness forever." He almost whispers, like it's some dirty secret. I frown at his words, I mean, I don't have much experience with how a family is supposed to be, but this isn't it, I know that much.
"Uh..." I subtly try to pull myself out of his grip. "I-I'd rath-"
"You're embarrassing her, Kaname-bro." Another hand grabs Kaname's wrist and pulls his hand off of my shoulder. Like a prince on a white horse, Iori saves the day.
"Sorry about that, Little Sis." Says Kaname, even if it doesn't really sound like an apology. I grit my teeth and smile. Smile, always smile. Don't piss them off. Don't be an annoying person that makes a scene out of nothing. Don't let them get to you.
"It's a-alright." I just simply say, still smiling as I bite the inside of my cheek. Iori stares at me for a second. Then he turns away from me, a blush creeps up from his neck to his cheeks.
"You should dry your hair more thoroughly, otherwise you will catch a cold."
"I-I will. Thank you." I smile back at him, grateful for him helping me with Kaname and for worrying about me even if we don't know each other that well. Maybe it won't be so bad.

The lights are dimmed and the candles on Subaru's cake are ignited. All in all, it paints a pretty picture.
"Then let us have Subaru blow out the candles." I look down at my lap. I'm holding a beautiful camera I got for my fifteenth birthday. It was my first birthday without Rintarou or Ema, and save to say, I felt homesick and lonely.
Sure Ema and I send each other texts and when it was our birthday, I sent her a box filled with all different kinds of presents, but it was still.....lonely. Till I discovered a package was delivered to me. Ema hadn't said anything about sending me a package or anything like that, so at first I was a little confused.
However, once I brought it inside and unpacked it, inside there was a beautiful, green coloured camera with a small envelope next to it. In the envelope she had wished me a happy birthday and to make good use of the camera. I'm planning on surprising her with a photo album of us, Rintarou, and our new family.
"Y-You're serious about this?" I'm brought back to present by Subaru's embarrassed voice.
"Yes." I hold up my camera.
"Is it fine if I take p-pictures?" Masaomi-san nods. Subaru looks still embarrassed about this whole event, but takes a deep breath. He blows all the candles at once.
"Woohoo!"
"Happy birthday!"
"H-Happy birthday." All of our voices mingles together to congratulate him. Masaomi turns on the lights again as Ema cuts the birthday cake with clean slices and I help her with bringing those slices to everyone. I avoid Tusbaki's eyes and quickly place his slice onto the table before scurrying off. I got at least one good picture of Subaru's embarrassed face.
"It's delicious!" Exclaims Wataru. "Little Sis's and Sis's cake are the number one in the world!" I smile at his words, still pleased with the compliment even when he calls me a girl.
"Yeah, it's the best!" Chirps Tsubaki. "You sure, Yusuke? If you're not going to eat, I really will." He leans over, grinning from ear to ear, his fork already lifted into the air.
"I'll eat it!" Yusuke quickly takes a bite before Tsubaki really steals his cake. After a few mouches of our cake he looks like he's in heaven.
"It's good!"
"I'm so glad." Gushes Ema while everyone else starts to laugh at his exclamation.
"What the hell?!"
After that it seemed like everyone had a good time. And I was busy making pictures of them. On the pictures you could see that Ema was laughing happily at Wataru antics, Tsubaki stealing Yusuke's cake, Masaomi was just looking at them with a fond look. Azusa was shaking his head at Tsubaki, Kaname was eating his piece of cake with a slight smile and another of him was when he caught me taking pictures of him and then just simply winked at me. Nope, moving on.
And the last but not least was of Subaru also eating calmly. He suddenly looks right in the camera. A bit taken aback, I quickly stutter; "D-Do you like it?"
"It's good." He mumbles, turning away.
"O-Okay."
"Thanks a bunch." At his unprompted thanks, I smile, pleased at ending this day on a good note.
"Isn't that great?" Asks Kaname, his gaze never leaving my face. I look away from him and stubbornly glance down at the camera in my lap. As I start to mindlessly scroll through the pictures, Ema answers in my stead. Lucky me.
"Yes."