35

the next morning came around, cold air filling the room as the ceiling fan begun to run around. grayson groggily woke up and felt the space next to him, vacant. he rubbed his eyes and sat up in a drift, seeing clear as day she was gone. he flipped over to be stung more by the pain of the empty space besides him. she was gone, and he wasn't surprised. he looked over at his bed side tables to see if he left any notes, she didn't. panic begun to set in, worried she was getting herself into more trouble. he ran his hands through his hair as he let out a huge sigh of disappointment. he knew having her back was a mistake, letting her back in, making the same mistakes he once did before. angrily he got up and made his way to his medication in the kitchen.

part of him wanted to believe that it was the fear of attachment in her that caused her to leave, but the demons told him she left because all he truly wanted her for was comfort.
ignoring the pain he walked to the kitchen to be hit by a smell of avocado toast, a smell he knew too well by going with angelica to get breakfast before rehearsals back in college. he looked up to see angelica, sitting at the bar on her phone as she took a bite from the avocado toast she was enduring in.

"morning stranger" she smiled as she slid a plate of avacado toast his way. without hesitation he walked over to her and engulfed her into a deep hug. she was tense but soon enough gave in as she knew both of them needed this moment together.

i think i've seen this film before...
and i didn't like the ending...

"god angelica I'm so sorry" he cried out as he tucked his head into hers. "I know grayson... I know" she cooed grasping him tighter than she ever had before. "the truth is angelica... I'm scared, I don't think I've ever been this scared in my life-" he cries knowing she was truly listening this time. "I know grayson.." she cooed once again. "I need you to get help, not for me but for you.." he trailed off getting caught in his breathing. "I will, I promise." she whispered making him pull back and hold her arms while looking her deep in the eyes. he could feel the emotions radiating off her, he knew she was being truthful.

"grayson..." she whispered making him only tuck a strain of her hair behind her ear. "I know..." he admitted as he half her face up and her hands on his. "can-can we just stay like this? p-please?...i-i don't want to lose this moment just yet" he stated knowing everything would go downhill from here. she only nodded her head in which he brought her in closer, faces almost inches away.

we always walked a very thin line...

before tightening the space, a knock was heard at the door. instantly he dropped her embrace and went to go answer. she sat down at the table, head in her hands as she sighed deeply. meanwhile, at the door stood ethan questioning the whereabouts of his phone. "so can I like get my phone back?" he asked in which grayson reached into his pocket and handed him his phone. "can we talk?" ethan asked in which grayson sternly answered "no." ethan gave him a confused look but knew as soon as he saw angelica through the crack in the door, her head resting in her hands.

"so what y'all are a thing now?" ethan asked looking through the door and back at grayson. "me and who?" grayson asked dumbfounded knowing he was caught. "can't say I'm surprised, I knew she'd come running back to you, it's always been you, like always." ethan smiles sarcastically as he shrugged his shoulders. "now come on ethan, you know I'm dating april" grayson smacks in which ethan laughs. "oh you mean the one who was over at my house last night, screaming my name loudly to where we got three noise complaints?"

grayson took a step back and shook his head, "no no, she would never." ethan only shrugs his shoulders and cocks his head to the side to get a better view of angelica who was still clueless to the matter.

i couldn't turn things around...

grayson could only focus on ethan at this given moment. the betrayal his brother has just put him through, nothing like he'd ever done before. "why?" grayson chocked out in which ethan pushed him aside and entered the apartment. "well because I believe for once you've gotten a taste of your own medicine" he chimes while looking over at angelica who's eyes fixated on ethan. "what is he doing here grayson?" angelica asked standing up and making her way over to ethan.

she took a stance in front of him, feeling his mood lighten. "what are you doing ethan?" she asked looking him deep in his eyes "I'm sorry." was all that came out of his mouth before he pushed her aside to stumble, grabbing his phone off the counter and leaving.
the door slam made the apartment fall off balance and small shake could be felt. "grayson I'm so sorry" angelica apologized in which grayson looked over to her and just shrugged. "I should've seen it coming..." he commented as he trudged back to the kitchen. "I-I um should probably go..." angelica trailed as she begun grabbing her things anxiously in which grayson grabbed her wrist as she slipped by. "please- please don't leave...not now, not again..." he cried looking down at the floor, scared to look her dead in the eyes.

she reached to grab his chin but he grabbed her other wrist, resisting her. "im not leaving grayson, not again, not ever" she stated in which he pulled her in close and began falling apart. he grabbed her legs in which she followed and wrapped them around his torso as he held her closer than ever before. she kissed him lightly on his ear in which he pulled back, faces both inches away once again.
she cupped his face once more and planted a soft kiss onto his dampened lips.

i think I've see this film before...
and I didn't like the ending...

~