14

a few days had passed in which angelica was now back in new york but was making a stop by lisa's before she went back home.  anytime she came back to jersey it was always a breath of fresh air in which she loved. being in new york always felt like she was struggling to breath, always running in every direction, jersey made her feel sane. the last time she has visited lisa was about a year ago to surprise her with the engagement of her and ethan. now she was back to learn about ethan and who he was deep down inside. pulling up to the house she felt a knot form in her stomach, a sharp pain in her chest- guilt. she parked her car, tuning the key in which the ignition died down. she shut her car door slowly as she got out, pacing her steps slowly. this house held many good memories.. and many bad ones. she could recall from memory the first time she was here, here for grayson. 

liability

the door swung open revealing a semi clothed male. "what the fuck are you doing here?" the raspy deep voice asked as he took a swig of the burben in his hand. "you're mark right?" grayson asked in a pissed off tone to which "mark" spat back "yeah and you're the fucked up twin right? grayson, glad to meet you but your mother isn't h-" midway through his sentence a female trailed behind, footsteps echoing throughout making the sound visible to even the penguins in antarctica.

"gr-grayson what a surprise honey, come on in, both of you come on in!" she spoke with such joy but showed such exhaustion and pain. she showed signs of abuse, bruises and scratches over her arms and face. angelica was mesmerized by it all, grayson had never been happy because all he knew was a false reality of hope. she stared deeply at his mothers bruises that it caught the attention of mark. "we like to get a little rough in bed sometimes, im sure grayson and you are the same way" mark jokes only causing angelica to feel gross and ashamed of her body and causing grayson's blood to boil.

"what the fuck did you just say-" "grayson stop- mark is just making a joke, no need to get riled up" his mother spoke only causing grayson to scoff. "the joke obviously made angelica feel uncomfortable and i'm not going to let anyone make her feel that way." the mother only flashed angelica a small smile before introducing herself. "i'm lisa dolan, i'm not sure what all you know so i'm only going to keep it at that." she didn't want to say that she was grayson's adoptive mother but she already knew when she wasn't suppose to.

"so what is she grayson? is she another pet that you're gonna keep around for a while?" mark asked in which angelica and grayson both looked at each other searching for an answer. mark scoffed and stated "if shes not your girlfriend then why bring her the hell around, you learned your mistake last time." angelica's eyes widened at 'last time' as she had remembered grayson telling her had never been this serious.

mark took notice of angelica's confusion and decided to take advantage of it. "oh so grayson never mentioned a girl named katherine?" this was the ultimate deal breaker. "katherine?" angelica asked dryly in which grayson only froze, scared yet anger filled. "y-yes" he choked causing mark to just laugh. "aww the poor tough guy is all choked up now? com'on i though you didn't let a dumb and naive girl get to you?"

it all made sense now. this man was a monster, he had escaped the level one boss but now he was up against the ultimate boss. if he could never be taken down, grayson would always stay like this, cold hearted, just like both of his fathers.