1

it had been five years. five long years of heartbreak, pain, healing, work and love. strangely enough it was a breath of fresh air. all the drama and anxiety all seem to just fade away as angelica moved to new york and grayson stayed in california. angelica had written a total of ten shows for broadway and had two of them make it to the light. grayson had written a total of twenty musical compositions for amda the school of performing arts, none of them made it to the light. this is where grayson saw his road becoming slim and narrow, long gone.

despite grayson's failure's, he kept on pushing and pushing until he got the boot himself. this opened a window for grayson that he nor anyone could ever guess. he interviewed with the same man who got angelica a job, he just didn't know they would be working for the same company. the man saw potential in grayson and saw how well his composition did in his college play write. he took him under his wing and payed for all his expenses, he knew he had a star joining their crew, a new star. one soon to take the spotlight of another. 

liability

the sun radiated through angelica's silky curtains causing her to turn to her side, soon to be faced next to her lover. "good morning sunshine" she smiled kissing him lightly "good morning angel" he smiled into the kiss. she kicked her legs over the edge and stretched her arms to the ceiling as he wrapped his arms around her torso pulling her back in. "ughh baby you know i have to get ready for work!!!" she squealed nuzzling herself into his neck. "just five more minuets!" he pleads only gaining a sigh from her. "you said that last time and what ended up happening?" she ask looking deep into his eyes. he childishly frowned and spoke "we might've gotten a little carried away..." angelica laughs and hits his chest playfully." yeah then we got a noise complaint and hour later." he rolls his eyes and lets go of her, setting her free to begin her day.

he watches in awe as she undresses in the bathroom across from the bed, turning on his side and resting his hand on the palm of his hand. angelica saw him in the mirror as she was brushing her teeth and she decided to turn around. he made puppy dog eyes at her and she rolled her eyes. she spit her toothpaste into the sink and came back into the room. "what?" he cooed in which she shook her thoughts away. "no what is it?" he ask digging in in which she sighs and laughs "you and your brother are more alike than you think."

liability

she finished getting ready and set out for the day. her drive to work was short and quiet, perks of having a loft in the city. she parked in her usual spot and headed into her office. after working at the company for five years she gained the respect from others and was promoted to the director of her department. of course she still did the exact same work as everyone else in her department but when it came to supervising she was the one people came to for help and troubles. she loved it and wouldn't trade it for the world. there were rumors lately about a new comer who was possibly going to replace her.

of course she didn't listen nor care because she has been doing everything to prove herself worthy and shes been on the right path thus far. nobody could just come and sweep that up away from her, could they? as angelica types out her ideas and finishes up projects she gets a knock on her office door. "its open!" she announces cheerfully. in walks her boss, andrew, "hey mr voss, how can i help you?" she smiles while continuing to type away on her computer. "there is a new hire i'd like you to meet"mr voss smiles in which she states "bring them in." he flashes her a smile and in walks in the new hire. angelica finishes typing away a few more words and looks up, regretting the decision.

"angelica?"

"grayson..?"

~
published March 15th,2020
edited may 27th 2021