30

today was everyone's last day in jersey together for another few months. of course this wasn't ideal, seeing each other every few months- even years at a time, but that was the reality. everyone was an adult and everyone lived their own life, even having a partner. angelica kept her eyes on the morning newspaper that she held a firm grasp on, as ethan ran his hand softly up and down her thigh. he has no intention of provoking her or anything, but he did it so he could calm down. his anxiety ran high throughout their whole trip to jersey but today was a more difficult day. ethan glanced up from his phone to see angelica's eyes still glued to the newspaper. he took a look at her hands in which he did not see the engagement ring from last night. he frowned a bit but then soon fell back into the trance of last nights memories.

liability

"will you marry me?"
those four strong words echoing through the night forest. angelica had dropped her lantern and held her hands over her mouth to contain her internal screaming for escaping. she didn't hesitate for one second and went down to ethan's level and wrapped her arms around his neck. "so is that a yes?" ethan giggles in which angelica pulls back and nods her head with also saying " a million times yes." ethan's smile grew as wide as the entire galaxy and he tightened his grasp around her more than ever, afraid to lose her once again. and that's exactly what he planned to do... never let go.

liability

angelica took notice of ethan's trance and placed her right hand on top of his , which then broke him free of his trance and reverted his attention onto her. "what's wrong bubba?" she practically whispered in which he whispered back "nothing...just ready to go home i guess." angelica simply nodded her head and moved her eyes back to the morning paper.

lisa had entered the room alongside april in which the two were talking up a storm but stopping short in their tracks once they realized they weren't the only ones awake. "oh my goodness, good morning you two, we had no clue anyone else was awake" lisa murmured sounding short of breath. "you okay mom? you sound like you just ran a marathon" ethan questioned in which his mother only shook her head no, trying not to worry the children or anyone of her unhealed state. a pit of awkward silence filled the room which was soon to be broken by grayson stumbling into the room. he looked like a wreck and reeked of alcohol, or at least angelica could tell his state of sanity.

"you okay gray? you look like you're running low on your fuel" lisa joked trying to lighten the mood in which he smiled and laughed lowly to himself. "im fine ma, just didn't get much sleep." angelica looks to april to see her look at grayson with such wonder. the pair were odd... yet grayson was never into anything more than odd. april was a well put together woman, professional to say the least. grayson on the other hand... he was a wreck and a mess, nothing less and nothing more. that's why angelica had always balanced him so well, because she was a wreck and a mess.. but always more than he was, he just never got to see that part of her.

liability

everyone was packed and ready to hit the road once again, back to their lives in the city. kisses goodbye we're flung out the door as angelica loaded all the luggage into the back of the car. april came strolling behind and watched angelica, studying her every move. angelica turns around feeling a presence and is startled. "sorry i didn't mean to scare, i- nothing actually. just came to see if you needed a hand..." before angelica could respond, april scurried to the front seat of the car and buckled herself in. angelica tried her best to brush the situation that just happened off, but she couldn't help but wonder what april seemed so worried about, or why she looked so...lost? angelica looked at the mahogany doorway seeing ethan and grayson both give their mother a last and final kiss before their voyage back to the city. lisa waved her last goodbye to everyone as she closed the door and returned to her daily rituals. angelica tossed grayson her keyes and chimed "don't hurt tiffany, i swear to god gray ill hurt you back." he flashes her a weak smile and mumbles to himself "you already have."