What Day is it?

It was one of those dateless days between Christmas and New Year's. The time where all the days seemed to meld together and time passed by weirdly. You loved those days. Both you and Dean stayed back at the bunker, enjoying some downtime. Relaxing, watching movies. Eating whatever you wanted. It was absolute bliss.

On this day, maybe it was Monday. Tuesday? Whatever day it was, you were lounging back in Dean's TV room. Dressed in your Grinch pajama bottoms, your brand new snuggly plaid blanket over your lap, you stifled a yawn. A nap seemed like a great idea, but so did turning on another movie.

"Y/N?" Dean called out, almost passing you by before catching sight of you huddled under your blanket. "Still in here?"

"There's still those cheesy Christmas movies on Hallmark," you retorted, pointing to the screen where a couple was sweetly kissing under the mistletoe. You had become obsessed with them, not that you would say so to Dean. Or Sam. Or anyone else for that matter. They were sweet and predictable, and so completely different from your life that they were comforting to watch.

"Is this a new one?" Dean asked, setting two mugs down on the table in front of you before plopping down in the recliner beside you. "Why didn't you call me? I always enjoy making fun of them."

"For that very reason," you muttered. "What's in the mugs?"

Dean handed one over to you, and you peered down at the creamy-looking liquid curiously. "I found this recipe for eggnog and I thought I'd try my hand at it. It's actually not too bad. Different than the store brand, but still good with enough brandy."

You continued to stare down at the mug, your mouth puckered slightly. "What?" Dean asked, his mug already halfway gone. "You have to try it."

"I've never had eggnog before," you admitted to Dean, sniffing it cautiously. "Does it really taste like eggs?"

He chuckled before shaking his head. "I don't think so. It's a little richer and creamier than milk. Goes well with the brandy."

You took a sip, just a little one, waiting for the taste of it to gross you out. It was cold, and creamy as he said. It didn't really taste like eggs. In fact, all you could taste was the brandy Dean no doubt had a heavy hand with. It was better than you expected, and you took another sip.

"See, it's good!" Dean exclaimed, finishing off his glass of eggnog. "Now, tell me more about this movie. Is she from the city moving to the country? Or did her boss give her some sort of weird job to do that has her falling in love with a recluse?"

"Big city," you chuckled. "But this time the love interest is a Prince."

He scooted over to the couch, tucking your legs and blanket on his lap. "Of course. And it's a secret from her. Right?"

"You know these so well," you laughed, snuggling back down, enjoying another relaxing day with Dean.