Pillow Forts

Holding tight to the steering wheel, you couldn't help but jump as lightning flashed in front of you. Your car seemed to float on top of the road, the rain falling so fast it didn't have time to sink in.

"Really Dean," you muttered, your windshield wipers having trouble keeping up with the downpour. "You really had to have your pie."

Your shoulders hunched, your muscles sore, you finally pulled into the tunnel leading to the garage. Even in here there was standing water, but it was nowhere near as bad as the roads. Parking your car beside Baby, you slipped out, your clothes sticking to your skin. Picking up as many bags as possible, you made your way down the hallway, heading straight for the kitchen.

Dean wasn't in the library, it's lights turned off, the books laying forgotten on the table. Even Dean's laptop sat on top of the table, left open.

Turning the corner, you used your elbow to turn the light on in the kitchen, surprised that Dean wasn't sitting there, waiting for his precious pie. Dumping the bags on the counter, you retraced your steps, and that's when you heard it.

Light giggling came from room 24. Light barely appeared from the small crack along the floor. Quietly you stepped up to the door, gently pushing it open. Far enough that you could see, but not enough that you could be seen.

The giggling was louder with the door open. The small room, painted a light purple was completely cluttered. Things were thrown everywhere. The mattress was bare, the bed pushed far up against the wall. In the middle of the floor, on top of the rainbow rug was all the pillows, blankets and sheets in the entire bunker. Piled up high they created a fort, with a pair of big bare feet sticking out.

"Again Daddy!" Your daughter squealed, clapping her hands. Dean's deep laughter followed before you could hear him singing, very off key. Ellie giggled, and that's when you finally stepped into the room.

"This is for Mommy," she announced, but with the blanket over the top of the pillows, you couldn't see what she was talking about.

"Your Mom will love that," Dean assured his daughter. "But maybe we should consider cleaning this up before she gets home."

"Too late," you finally spoke up, bending down to peer inside. Both Dean and Ellie were in their pajamas, Ellie wearing her fluffy pink slippers. Her rotating star light was in front of them, giving enough light as they both colored away on blank paper.

"Mommy!" Ellie squealed, tossing her crayon at Dean before she came racing over, wrapping her tiny little arms around my neck.

"Hey sweetheart," you answered, holding her tight, seeing Dean smile as he laid there, looking at the two of you. "I brought you a treat."

"Here?" She asked, but you shook your head.

"Nope, it's in the kitchen. Why don't you go find it, and bring it back to your little fort," you suggested, and she was gone before you finished speaking.

Crawling up the fort, you laid down beside Dean, facing him, his hand reaching out to rest on your hip. "This is nice," you whispered. "I bet Ellie loved it."

"She does," he answered. "But do you know what I would like better?"

"Hmm, what's that?" You asked as his hand slid under your shirt.

"If we make our own pillow fort in bed tonight. Just you and me," He hinted, his teeth tugging at his bottom lip.

"I like the sound of that," You agreed just as the pitter patter of your daughter's footsteps could be heard. Soon she was plopping in the middle of you two, her hands full of the items you had bought for her. Dean's eyes met yours above her head, winking at your, promises of a wonderful night ahead.