Seeing Red

You were absolutely livid as you slammed the door of the Impala. The windows rattled, the door groaned, but you didn't care. Crossing your arms over your chest, you huffed out your annoyance, turning your head to look out the side window as Sam and Dean slid into the front seat.

"Y/N," Sam started to say, but one glance behind him had the words getting caught in his mouth. Trying to cover his cough, he glanced over at his brother, who seemed too nervous to even glance back at you.

The ride back to the bunker was in complete silence. Dean didn't even dare turn on the radio, and Sam gave up trying to talk to either of you. As soon as Dean pulled the Impala into the garage, Sam was out of the car, heading down the hallway to the safety of his room. Not even realizing, or caring that all of his stuff was still inside the car.

You were the next one out of the car, getting some satisfaction from slamming the door as hard as you could, immediately feeling a little guilty to Baby. She didn't deserve your anger. She wasn't the one you were infuriated with. You were infuriated with her owner.

Just thinking about him, and how he had undermined you during the hunt had your teeth grinding together. You couldn't believe he had acted like that. About you. It made you so mad, but it hurt more. And you weren't sure he realized how much he had hurt you.

"Y/N, wait!" Dean called out, but you weren't ready to deal with him yet. And if you did he might not like the outcome.

"Shove it, DEan," You threw over your shoulder, heading down the hallway right after Sam. Walking past the room you shared with Dean, you gave it a second glance. Sure, you loved that room. Loved falling asleep on that memory foam bed with Dean's arm around you. But you couldn't handle it right now. Everything in that room reminded you of Dean, and you had a feeling you might trash it if you went in there.

So instead you went to your old room. The one you still kept most of your stuff stored in there. Some of your clothes were still hung in the closest. Your cold, winter gear was folded neatly in the dresser, and your books were lined up in your bookcase. Things that you hadn't wanted to get rid of, but didn't want to find room for in Dean's room stayed here. And today you were grateful for that.

Taking a sweatshirt and sleep pants from one of the drawers, you changed out of your mucky hunting clothes, tossing them into a pile on the floor. A wet wipe took care of your face and hands. Feeling slightly better, you pulled off the simple blue quilt, climbing into your soft sheets. Laying on your side with your back to the door, you tried to calm yourself down. But no matter how hard you tried, what Dean had done had hurt, and you wanted to stay angry.

Sure, you hadn't been hunting as long as he had. But he still didn't need to treat you like a newbie. Locking you in that closet while he fought off the nest of vampires had been ridiculous and stupid. When you had asked why he did it, he shrugged his shoulders, talking about keeping you safe.

Sam came sometime later, asking you quietly if you wanted to come out for dinner. You shook your head, refusing to head out there. Dean would be out there, and you weren't sure you would be able to stop yourself from punching him.

Without saying a word Sam came back minutes later, a sandwich and a bottle of water in his hands. "Thanks, Sam." You muttered, knowing you couldn't take out your wrath on him. He wasn't the one you were mad at.

"Oh and Y/N?" Sam stopped. "I don't agree with what Dean did. We already had our own argument about it, and I think he's pretty sorry that it happened."

"I just can't forgive him yet," you whispered. Sam left, and you turned back to your side, ignoring the food sitting on your nightstand.

You turned the light off, wanting to fall asleep. Hopefully tomorrow you would feel more forgiving. After all, Dean cared about you, and no doubt was doing what he thought was best.

The minutes ticked by, and you were almost asleep when the door cracked open, the hall light spilling inside. You stayed quiet, hoping whoever it was would leave you alone. Finally, the door shut, and you breathed a sigh of relief, knowing that you were alone once again.

"Y/N, I know you're not sleeping," Dean spoke up as he sat down on the bed. "Please, let's talk about this."

"Dean, not now. I'm tired," you muttered, turning deeper into your covers.

He sighed, and for a moment you thought he was going to leave. But you heard the thud as he toed off his boots before he climbed into bed beside you. "What are you doing?" You asked, not making any move to turn around.

"Climbing into bed," he answered. "We promised that we would always share a bed. Even we're were annoyed with each other."

"Fine." You grumbled, listening as he settled in. You thought you were free but he leaned over, his hands ghosting around your ribs, tickling you. "Dean! What are you doing?" You gasped as he rolled you over. Tickling was your weakness, and he knew it.

His hands moved up and down your side, tickling you until you were squirming in his grasp, giggling. "I hate it when you're mad at me," he said once he stopped. "Please, don't be mad at me."

"That was a shit move you pulled today Dean Winchester," you exclaimed, stabbing your finger against his chest. "How dare you!"

"I dared because I care," he said, chuckling awkwardly when you rolled your eyes at his cheesiness. "But seriously Y/N, I don't even know why I did it. I just saw that vamp coming at you, and I couldn't think. Couldn't concentrate unless you were out of the way. It was a wrong move, I know that now. But please...,"

"Dean, it hurt," you explained. "It made me feel like you didn't trust my hunting skills. You've never done it before."

Running a hand through his hair, he plopped down onto his back beside you. "I know. And I promise I won't do it again. But seeing that victim who looked so much like you. Then that vamp coming at you. I didn't even think."

"There was a victim who looked like me?"

He nodded, pulling you into his embrace, and this time you let him. All of your anger had fled, leaving you tired. You didn't want to be mad at Dean anymore, and his explanation, while still annoying you, at least made sense. "She wasn't as beautiful. But had your hair color, your body shape. Even her eye color was the same. Her eyes were open, staring up at me, and I couldn't help but imagine that it was you. And I couldn't have that."

"Just promise you won't do that again." He nodded emphatically. "Good. Shall we go to bed then?"

"Why don't we just stay here tonight. I'm too tired to move," he yawned before his hands moved down to your sides. "Besides, I need to make sure you're not still mad at me."

Before you could ask what he was up to, he was tickling you once again.