Rapture

Dean x Reader

You could hear them. Both of them, complaining about you. Telling Dean how much they didn't trust you. That you would end up turning on them. You weren't surprised, even though it hurt.

It was the same way on your side. You were an Angel. Angel's weren't supposed to have feelings. Especially not for a certain green-eyed hunter who had a habit of killing Angels, or creating havoc.

It wasn't like you had made this happen. It hadn't been love at first sight. Dean had been pushy and distant, more than once holding an Angel blade in between you. But slowly you had melted and so had he. He had turned sweet, so different than you had expected. Much to your family's dismay.

"Sam, Cas, she's different!" Dean argued. "Cas, you of all people should understand that."

Their words were muted by the wall, but your Angelic hearing picked it up easily. "Dean, I am not just a people, I'm an Angel. And Y/N has always done everything by the book. She has been Naomi's right hand Angel for years. How do we know that she still isn't doing her bidding?"

You heard glass shatter. "Damn it guys. Why can't you just give me this? I've never felt this way before, and I...,"

"Dean, we're not meant to be happy," Sam interrupted. "Especially with an Angel. Sure, have some fun with her, but don't take it past that."

You heard enough. With a flap of your wings, you went back to Heaven, hoping for a little peace there. But it wasn't meant to be. Naomi was waiting for you, her arms crossed over her chest. "Y/N, where have you been?"

Sitting down in her chair, you rubbed your temples. "Naomi, can I talk to you?"

Naomi perched on the edge of her desk. "Y/N, you know I'm here for you."

Taking a deep breath, you told her everything. About meeting Dean, falling in love with him. You told her how Sam and Cas were reacting. She stayed quiet until you were done. "Y/N, you've always been a smart Angel," she started. "But I can't believe you would be stupid enough to fall for a human! Especially Dean Winchester! Don't you know he'd rather kill you then let you talk?"

"Naomi, he's not like that," you tried arguing, but she held up her hand, silencing you. "Y/N, as the older and wiser Angel, I forbid you from seeing him again. In fact, I'm going to turn you into a prison guard. You'll be as far away from him as possible."

Your heart sank. This hadn't exactly been the response you had been expecting, but you shouldn't have been surprised. Tears stinging your eyes, you left her office, but you didn't head towards the prison. You left Heaven, going back to the Bunker.

Sam and Cas were gone, or at least no longer arguing with Dean in the kitchen. You sat down on one of the stools, placing your head in your hands. "Y/N, you're back!"

You tried smiling at Dean, but it wouldn't work. Your heart was too heavy, your mind too full of negative thoughts. "Y/N, what's wrong?"

Dean sat down across from you, reaching for your hand but you pulled it back. "Dean, why do people not want us together?"

"You heard that, huh?" He sighed. "Y/N, you're an Angel, I'm a Hunter. We're not exactly a great match."

You sniffed, the feeling of crying unique and not very pleasant. "Sam, Cas. Even Naomi. None of them think we should be together. I want to be with you Dean, why can't they see that?"

Dean sat up, his eyes widening. "You went and Sam Naomi?"

"She came to see me," you muttered. "She says I'm not allowed to come here again. She even placed me on the prison guard."

"Y/N, I don't know what to say," Dean muttered. "I want to be with you, but sometimes it's so damn hard."

Hearing those words from Dean had your heart-shattering. Pulling your hand from his, you fled the Bunker. You couldn't go back to Heaven, and you didn't feel welcomed back at the Bunker. Instead, you went to the park, your favorite park. It was here you had met Dean.

Sitting at the picnic table, you weighed your options. You could go up to Heaven, become a prison guard, live a long time without ever coming back to Earth. You could go back to the Bunker, show Dean that your love was enough to fight for. But you were an Angel, and you weren't sure it would ever work as long as that was a fact.

Suddenly, you knew what you had to do. Your Angel blade appeared in your hand, shaking slightly. Placing the sharp tip against your neck, you took a deep breath, knowing that what happened next would change your life forever.

Tears slid down your cheeks, landing on the wood, darkening the faded brown wood. Pressing the blade against your skin, you winced at the pain. Blue tendrils slipped from the cut, and you took a simple glass bottle, letting your grace fill it to the brim.

As your grace fled your body, you grew tired. Your body grew heavy, tired. Laying the blade on the table, you topped the bottle, wondering if this was a normal feeling for humans. This tiredness, heaviness that filled your body. Your eyes drifted shut, blood dripping from the slice in your neck. Wanting nothing more than to sleep, you laid your head on the table, missing the rumble of the Impala as it pulled up into the park's parking lot.

Slowly blinking your eyes, you tried to remember where you were, and what was happening. Your neck stung, your head feeling full of cotton. Sitting up, you rubbed your hands against your eyes, noticing the fact that you were no longer alone.

Dean stood at the edge of the little gazebo, twirling your Angel blade around in his hand. Blinking your eyes, you watched as he pressed it to his neck before pulling it away. "Damn it Y/N," he muttered, never turning to look back at you. "We could have fought this. Why did you have to go and do this?"

He pressed the blade tight enough against his neck that you could see a think line of blood appear. You began to put together what was happening. "Dean!" You called out, freezing his hand before he could do any more damage.

He turned around, his eyes searching you over, the blade dropping to the floor. "Y/N, I thought you were dead!"

You shook your head, letting him bury you in his embrace. "Dean, I would never do that."

"But the blood, and the blade. I couldn't help but think the worst."

Sniffling against his canvas jacket, you pulled your grace from your pocket. The ethereal blue swirled about the glass, searching for a way out. But it was safe, and so were you. "I made a decision. We couldn't be together while I was an Angel. So I became human."

"Y/N, that's a huge sacrifice!" Dean exclaimed. "Why would you do something like that? For me?"

"Because I would rather live a human life with you then be an Angel who didn't have love," you answered before his lips crashed down against yours.