In My Mind

Leaves crunched under your feet, some still a vibrant yellow, but most had already turned to a faded brown. Tugging the collar of your flannel up, you shivered as the chilly fall air swirled around you.

"Damn its turning cold fast this year," Dean declared, rubbing his hands together. "Seems like just yesterday you were running around in tank tops and shorts."

Playing pushing him to the side, you shook your head. "If I remember, I wasn't the only one wearing skimpy shorts. Sure wish I had seen it."

"In your dreams sweetheart," he chuckled cocking his gun suddenly. Both of you froze in a small clearing, leaves floating gently to the ground around you.

Branches swung to and fro, rustling in the wind, camouflaging most little sounds. But the sound of leaves crunching underfoot was loud enough to stop Dean in his tracks.

Raising a finger to his lips, he warned you to stay silent while his eyes searched the dark forest around you. Goosebumps stood on the back of your neck as you braced yourself for the attack.

Bushes, low on the ground, began vibrating, before a little black creature spring from their clutches, meowing pitifully.

"Dean, it's a kitten!" You exclaimed, crouching down and holding your fingers out, cooing softly to it.

"Y/N, be careful," Dean warned as the kitten sniffed your fingers cautiously. The kitten was barely eight weeks old, and you started to reach down for it, planning on taking it back to town with you when it latched onto your finger. It's little teeth were sharp, like needles. Crying out, you pulled your hand away.

"Did it bite you?" Dean asked, moving forward to check your hand when the kitten jumped at him. Hissing, it latched onto his ankles, its sharp little teeth piercing the denim to get to the skin. "Damn it!" Dean cursed, shaking the kitten from his leg. It scurried off into the forest, and you could have sworn you heard a cackling laugh in the distance.

"Forget this," Dean muttered, lifting his pant leg to see two red spots on his skin, blood starting to drip down. "We'll come back when the suns up."

Your hand stung, and you were ready to get back to warmth, so you followed behind Dean, climbing into the Impala, not realizing the fact you were being watched.

"I call shower first!" Dean called out, throwing his bag on the floor before literally running to the bathroom. Rolling your eyes, you let him go. You tugged off your chilled clothes, changing into a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt. You could hear the shower turn on, and seconds later you heard Dean let out a loud curse just as all the lights went black.

"Dean?" You called out, blinking your eyes furiously at the pounding headache that instantly appeared. It was right behind your eyes, an uncomfortable pressure that almost sent you to your knees.

"Y/N, what the hell happened?" Dean asked, his voice shockingly close.

With the room pitch black, you held your hands out, struggling to find the wall. "Dean, are you still in the shower?" You called out, hearing the water running. "I'm trying to find the light switch."

"I better damn well be," he muttered, his words loud, echoing. "But I don't feel the water. This feeling... it's cramped and loud. I don't know what's going on, but I don't like it."

Finally, you flicked the switch on, and dim light filled the stuffy hotel room. Breathing a sigh of relief, you rubbed at your temple, hoping this headache would go away soon. "Dean, I'm coming in," you announced, shielding your eyes as you turned on the bathroom light. Clothes were strewn about the floor, the mirror fogged up with steam from the heat of the shower. The water pounded against the grimy tile wall, but you couldn't see Dean inside the shower. "Dean, where the hell are you?" You called out.