Sacrifice

Crowley x Reader

Sitting straight up in bed, you couldn't control the tears that slid down your cheeks. Or the way your heart pounded furiously. It had been a horrible dream, one that had been haunting you for the past week now. Each and every night it would come, ripping your heart into pieces, showing you the worst thing possible.

"Love, what is it?" Crowley asked, stepping into your room. "Is it that nightmare again?"

Nodding, you let him pull you into his arms, holding you tight to his silk, monogrammed pajama's. While Crowley didn't need sleep like you did, he often stayed in bed with you through the night. Holding you tight to his chest as you slept, often waking you with kisses and gentle touches.

For being the King of Hell, Crowley was truly a softy. Often sending you flowers and chocolates on a whim, holding you close to him as the two of you watched a sappy movie. Of course, he would deny it to any of his demon minions, and your brothers, the Winchesters. But your fiancée was definitely a romantic sap.

"Can you tell me about it?" He asked you, just as you knew he would. Every night you had the nightmare he asked the same thing. But you couldn't. The words wouldn't come, and you didn't want him knowing that you kept dreaming about his death. About the night he sacrificed himself so you, and your brothers could survive. Each and every night it was the same thing, stepping into a weird world, so unlike the one you lived in. Bobby was there, a different version, but it had still been hard seeing the man who had been like a father to you. Lucifer had been there, talking about his spawn, and how they would rule together.

Sam and Dean would end up fighting Lucifer, while you hid and watched, frantic with the fear that the people you loved most would die. Crowley would smile sadly at you, before taking Lucifer's interest away from your brothers. As he fought Lucifer, Sam would pick you up, carrying you through the tiny little rift, as Lucifer killed the man you loved.

Shaking your head, you just clung to him, knowing you would do everything in your power to keep him safe. To keep your dream from coming true.

__________________

Weeks past, and your dream kept happening. Lucifer was at the forefront of everyone's minds, and his child that was about ready to be born. Cas had gone off with the woman, and you and Crowley were working with your brothers, trying frantically to find them. Finally, one fateful night, they found Cas, at some remote little cottage by a lake. Crowley had transported the two of you there, just in time to meet your brothers. But what you saw had your knees buckling, and if it wasn't for Crowley's supportive arm, you would have fallen flat on your face. "What is it?" He asked you, but you still couldn't tell him. That this was the place you had been dreaming about for weeks.

"Just unsteady legs, that's all." You whispered.

As Dean and Sam talked to Cas, you stayed close to Crowley's side, needing to keep him in your sights. To make sure he stayed safe. But when Lucifer appeared, you couldn't help the sinking feeling low in your stomach.

Everything after that was fuzzy. Your brother's lured Lucifer towards the rift, pulling him in. Before it could close, Crowley glanced at you. "Y/N, I need to help them. This is my fault Lucifer is still running around."

"Crowley, please. Just get my brother's and get out of there." You pleaded, squeezing his hand before he vanished through the rift. With a deep breath, you jumped through as well, knowing you had to stop him before it was too late.

Just like your dreams, Bobby was there, and they were shooting at Lucifer, pounding him full of melted Angel Blades. It didn't even affect him, and you watched as Dean started fighting Lucifer. Sam and Crowley stayed off to the side, hidden by a mound of dirt as they worked on a spell. You were frozen in your spot, torn between wanting to save Dean from Lucifer, and knowing that you should be next to Crowley.

You could see Sam and Crowley talking, before Crowley glanced your way. It wasn't hard to see the look of sadness on his face, the look of defeat. Whatever was going to happen, Crowley seemed to know about it, and you felt a tear slip down your cheek.

Crowley appeared behind Dean, making Lucifer giggle in surprise. "Surprise." He exclaimed, before Sam came to help Dean to his feet. "Get Y/N out of here." He ordered your brothers, before stepping closer to Lucifer.

Sam and Dean came over to you, Dean already leaning heavily in Sam's arms. "No!" You exclaimed, when they tried to pull you towards the rift. With tears in your eyes, you shook your head. "I can't leave him."

"Please Y/N, he asked us!" Sam pleaded with you, just as you turned back to Crowley once again.

As he dropped his Angel blade, Crowley glanced over his shoulder. "Bye boys. Keep Y/N safe." He said, fiddling with the blade. Knowing exactly what was going to happen, you pulled away from Sam, racing up the dirt. As Crowley raised the blade, you stepped in front of him, the blade plunging into your stomach instead of his.

"Y/N!" He screamed, holding your limp body in his arms. "Why?"

"Because I love you. Now go." You pleaded, already fading away.

With a cry, he shook his head, but with the last of your fading strength, you pushed him away. "Sam, Dean!" You yelled. "Take him!"

With tears in their eyes, they understood what you were doing. "Y/N..." They tried to argue, just as Lucifer reached over and grabbed you by your neck. "Keep him safe." You whispered, as the three men reluctantly went to the rift, climbing through just as Lucifer snapped your neck. Little did he realize that your death was the final ingredient to closing the rift, locking him in here. As your life faded away, you left with a smile, knowing you had saved the men you loved most in the world.