Mad

Jared x Reader

Prompt: You're still mad?

Slamming the door, you strode into your home, looking around

Slamming the door, you strode into your home, looking around. Wanting nothing more than to throw something. To scream and stomp your foot. But you were a responsible adult, and those things were beneath you.

So you did what any other sensible adult would do. Heading over to your bar, you opened the door, picking up your favorite bottle of whiskey. Skipping the shot glass, you took a sip of the amber liquid, letting the burn slide down your throat. The alcohol did nothing but fuel your anger, and taking another healthy sip, you went up the stairs to your linen closet. Taking a spare blanket and pillow, you walked back down stairs, the bottle still hanging from your grasp. Sipping once again, you felt the alcohol taking effect as you placed them on the couch. Smiling, you quickly dialed your friend Dee, heading to your backyard as you did so.

With another healthy sip of whiskey, you smiled when your friend answered. "Dee, he messed up big time." You said, no hello or anything.

You heard your friend sigh, before saying something to her husband. You could hear her moving rooms in her house before her voice came over the line once again. "What did Jared do?" She asked you, as the tears of frustration started bubbling to the surface.

"He didn't stand up for me. He stood there, as his parents did nothing but belittle me, and he never said a word! It's not my fault Dee. I want a baby as much as they want a grandkid. It just hasn't happened yet."

"That jerk. He knows how much you're hurting over that. His parents had no right." She said, agreeing with you. "Is he there? Do you need me to come over?"

Sniffling, you shook your head, before realizing that she couldn't see it. "No, he's not here. He knew I was mad. It's kind of nice being alone right now."

"Well, let me know and Jensen can come beat some sense into him if needed. Love ya girlie." She told you before hanging up the phone.

Tonight you hadn't been too excited about meeting up with Jared's family. The lack of a pregnancy enough to upset you, but his parents wouldn't stop talking about it. Talking about how you needed to do more. Take special vitamins, talk to a different doctor. They wanted a grand kid, and they wanted it know. When Jared had just stood there, not saying anything, you had been hurt, and mad. So taking a taxi, you had left, Jared knowing you were frustrated

Soon, the bottle slowly emptied, and you were feeling warm, but still angry when the door opened and Jared walked into your house. Looking down, he saw the stuff laid down on the couch, and he glanced up at you in surprise. "Really Y/N? You're still mad? They didn't mean anything by it!"

"It's not them I'm mad at." You yelled back, the whiskey fueling your words. "I'm freaking mad at you!"

Reeling back, he glanced at you in surprise. "Me? Why me?"

Tears started leaking out, making you even angrier. "Because you didn't stick up for me!! You know how hard it's been for me! How much I want a kid as much as they want a grandkid. Yet you stood there, letting them talk over me instead of standing up for me! That hurt."

As you watched a mixture of emotions cross Jared's face, it made you realize that maybe he didn't realize what he had been doing. Maybe he had been just as blasted by his parents as you. But he still should have stood up against his parents.

"Y/N, I'm so sorry. I just thought they were trying to be careful. If I had known, I should have known." He replied, looking heartbroken. "I know how hard this is on you. I want a kid too, but I don't want you killing yourself over it. Please Y/N, will you forgive me?"

"Only if you go by ice cream." You muttered. "And promise you'll stick up for me next time."

Pulling you into his arms, he nodded. "Of course. I'm sorry I was being a blockhead."

"But you're my blockhead." You answered.