Never Saw This Coming

Cas x Reader

Loving an Angel was probably the best choice you had made in this life

Loving an Angel was probably the best choice you had made in this life. With his crinkly eyes, and awkward disposition, it had been easy to fall in love with the man they called Castiel. He had been hesitant at first, not understanding that he could feel things such as love too. But before long he had confessed his love to you, much to the annoyance of your brothers.

Sure, Cas might be their best friend, but they hadn't been ready for you to fall in love with him. After all, you were their little sister, a person they had promised to protect. They had tried to keep you apart at first, but quickly realized there wasn't any way they could stop the love spreading between the two of you.

That had been a year ago, and your love for the winged angel had done nothing but grown. Your brothers didn't mind your relationship anymore, and didn't bat an eye when you would disappear with him for days at a time. Cas loved spoiling you, taking you to his favorite places all over the world. Even with his grace diminished, he still traveled with you, using his car instead of his wings. You didn't care how you went, as long as you spent time with your blue-eyed man.

This time he had taken you only into town, not even very far from the bunker. With Lucifer on the loose he hadn't risked traveling to far, and you didn't mind, not at all. Planning on spending an evening watching a movie, before having dinner at some nice restaurant, it sounded like the perfect date. Little did you know it would be far from so.

In truth, you had always known that a long life wasn't in your books. After all you were a hunter in a lengthy line of hunters. Most of which had never made it past their 50th birthday. But you had always expected to go out fighting a monster, right beside your brothers as you took down the big bad before succumbing to your wounds. Not like this. Never like this.

It had all started, walking hand in hand through the parking lot, making your way downtown to the fancy restaurant that Cas had actually booked without any help from you. Standing there by yourself as he ran back to grab your forgotten phone. Glancing around, you could feel the hair on the back of your neck stand up before you were roughly grabbed from behind.

"Ain't she a sight." The man slurred, his breath smelling horrible and rotten as he pushed you tight up against him. "I bet that man would pay a pretty penny to get her back."

Struggling against his tight hold, you tried all your hunting maneuvers, trying to break free. But with his arms holding your behind you, pressing you between him and the brick wall, you had no chance. "He'll kill you." You threatened, as the man pressed his crotch against your lower back, and you froze at the feeling of his swelling member against you.

"There, that's better. Too bad we won't get a chance to taste this sweet little morsel before the man comes back." He mumbled next to your ear.

"Let me see her!" His partner in crime exclaimed, grabbing your arm to pull you away from the other man.

"I don't think so!" Your captor yelled back, and you could feel yourself getting pulled two directions, both men wanting you. Pulling out a knife, the other bad man charged forward, just as the man holding you dodged his step.

With a gasp, you glanced down, seeing the knife protruding from your chest instead of the mans. "Shit, Jasper, what did you do?"

"I didn't mean to Clark. You moved." Jasper answered.

"Get away from her!" Cas yelled from the front of the alley, his voice a deep growl.

"Shit." Clark, the man holding you whispered before shoving you roughly to the side. With your hand pressed against your wound, you fell to the ground, blood bubbling up from your lips.

Knowing they either had to fight Cas or run, they took the second option. Running down the alley, away from the mess they had made, they were gone within seconds.

"Y/N it's okay, they're gone." Cas told you, coming to help you to your feet, not noticing how bad off you actually were. "Y/N?" He asked when he noticed you rolled away from him, your body shivering. Kneeling next to you, his eyes widened when he noticed the deep wound in your chest, the blood pouring over your hand. "What?"

"Cas." You said, not knowing what you wanted, just that you needed him to be there, by your side. Reaching out, he placed his hand over the wound, concentrating hard on trying to heal you.

When seconds ticked by and nothing happened, he glanced up at you, tears in his eyes. "YOU'RE DYING AND I CAN'T STOP IT!"

"Cas, please, tell my brothers I loved them." You told him, before a coughing fit racked your body. It was getting harder and harder to breath, blood coating your lips. You knew you had only moments left on this world.

"Y/N, I'll call an ambulance. They'll be able to save you." He said, glancing around, but with the last of your strength you reached up, grabbing his hand, making him look at you once again.

"Cas, it's too late." You stumbled through the words. "Please, just hold me. I'm so cold."

With a sob, he gently picked you up, rocking you in his arms. With your head against his chest, you felt a strange sense of peace. Sure, this death wasn't like the one you had imagined, but at least your last moments would be in Cas' arms. "Love you." You whispered, as he leaned down, pressing a kiss to your forehead.

"Love you to. I'll find my way up to heaven. I'll visit you." He promised, as your head rolled backwards, your soul leaving your body behind.