Simple Moments

It was one of those rare peaceful days at the bunker. You loved these rare days so much. Your hair was piled into a messy bun on top of your head, wisps of hair escaping and tickling your neck.

Your usual jeans and flannel had been traded in for sleep pants and one of Dean's old ratty T-shirts, bleached until it was a light gray. Soft socks instead of boots graced your feet, making slipping around the tiled floor of the bunker easy.

The radio echoed through the library of the bunker, all the way to the kitchen. You sang along, swinging your hips as you scrubbed the pots in the sink. Sam and Dean were out getting supplies, or whatever it was they did when you stayed behind. It was nice, having the place to yourself. Some peace and quiet. A chance to recharge.

It also meant a chance to catch up on dishes and cleaning. Something you didn't care for as much, but it needed to be done. So here you were, up to your elbows in soapy water, singing along to the classic rock playing on the radio.

Dishes soon turned to sweeping. Back in the library, you swept the brush back and forth, thinking to later this evening. With no hunt on the horizon, you wondered if you and Dean might actually sneak in a date night. Even if it just meant laying in bed and watching a movie. Which sounded perfect right now.

Smiling at the thought of spending the evening in Dean's arms, you heard your favorite song come on the radio. The song that you considered your song with Dean. Faithfully by Journey. It had played the first moment you had laid your eyes on the handsome hunter. Then again the night he asked you to stay with him.

The words had seemed fitting and still did now as you stopped sweeping to listen. Swaying your hips, you froze when a hand landed on your hip, turning you. "Dean," you breathed out, relaxing.

He had a smile on his face. "I love this song," he murmured, pulling you close to him.

"Me too," you agreed, relaxing as he pulled you into his arms. He moved softly, and you followed his movements which were surprisingly graceful. The cleaning forgotten, you danced with Dean, staring up into his green eyes as he sang softly off-key.

You could have stayed there all day, wrapped in his arms, swaying to the beautiful song playing. Laying your head against his chest, you let out a sigh of contentment, wishing you could bottle up this moment so you could come back to it on those down days.

But the song ended, and you slowly pulled away from Dean. "That was a nice surprise," you reached up, cupping his face, amazed at all the love you saw in his eyes. "Thank you."

"Of course I had to dance with my girl during our song," he insisted, grabbing your hips, and pulling you in for a kiss. "It's not often we can have simple moments like this. And if you don't mind, I have another one planned as well."

He tucked your hand in his, pulling you down the hallway. The broom lay forgotten in the library, the pile of laundry neglected in the washroom. But you didn't care. You were having a special moment with Dean and that's what mattered.