Ouija Board

Sam x Reader

It was bought on a whim. One day, walking through the mall, you passed this creepy store, with it's dark curtain windows, the smell of incense wafting out of the shrouded door. Knowing you should just walk on by, you went inside instead, wanting to chuckle at the items located inside.

Of course, it was just as you expected. Candles were placed around the room, some for sale while others gave off a unique smell. Knick knacks were shoved on shelves, anything from porcelain turtles to what promised to be a cat skull.

Walking through the aisles, you shook your head at the eerie music playing through the speakers. With all your witch hunting experience, you wanted nothing more than to light a match, and watch the place burn to the ground. To get rid of the items a witch might end up using.

"Can I help you?" A male's voice came from behind the stack of spell books. Almost knocking them over as he surprised you, you watched as a tall, skinny man came around the corner. He had long, greasy black hair, tied back with a piece of leather. His ears were pierced, so many times you couldn't even see the skin anymore. Tattoos ran up and down his arms, some looking very close to spell work.

"Just looking." You started to say as you turned around, but his hand reached out, grasping you by the elbow, stopping you in place.

"I think I have just the thing for you." He whispered dramatically. Curious to see what he was talking about, you let him pull you farther into the store. Knowing that you could take care of yourself if it came to that.

Passing herbs and plants, he stopped in front of the games, and you glanced up at him in surprise. Reaching to the top shelf, he pulled down a black box, handing it to you as if it was the most precious thing in the world. "This is what you need." He muttered, and you glanced down at the board game he had put in your hands. "Ouija? Really?"

"Yes. You are searching, and this will give you answers." He told you. Glancing down, you saw the price tag of thirty dollars, and you shook your head. There was no way you would spend that much money on a waste of time.

"I'm sorry. But I don't think so." You told him, moving to hand it back, but he stopped you.

"Take it. It's free." He insisted, pushing you to the front of the store. With the game still in your hands, you left the shop, feeling weird and disoriented.

_________________________

Hours past, and you were finally back at the bunker. The game was sitting on your dresser, taunting you. The longer you sat there, staring at it, the more you wanted to crack open the box, and see why he was so insistent that you take it.

"Hey sweetheart, have you seen..." Sam started to say as he burst into your shared room. Stopping as soon as he saw the Ouija board box, he glanced at you in surprise. "What the hell is that doing here?"

"The guy at the store gave it to me. Said I needed it." You told him, reaching for the box to open it. "Would you play with me?"

"Y/N, we're hunters!" Sam argued. "We know better than to play with things like that!"

"I know, but I just have this feeling we should." You muttered, not wanting to give up on this idea. Ever since the board landed into your arms, you couldn't control the feeling that you needed to play it.

"And that's most definitely why we shouldn't." He argued, and you sighed, knowing he wouldn't give in right away.

Leaving the board on your dresser, you followed him to the kitchen, where it had been Dean's turn to cook. Steaks, with mashed potatoes were already on plates, and you added a salad to yours and Sam's.

"So, how did shopping go?" Dean asked you, sipping at his beer.

"Good. Strange." You told him. "This guy gave me something. But Sam refuses to play."

Raising an eyebrow at that, Dean glanced between the two of you. "It's nothing dirty." You told him, earning a glare from Sam. "It's an Ouija board."

"Y/N, you do remember we're hunters, right? We don't mess with stuff like that." Dean argued, just as his brother had.

"That's what I said!" Sam exclaimed, glad his brother was on the same page as him. Glaring at Sam, you let him know you didn't appreciate the fact he wasn't being helpful to his girlfriend.

"I know. It's just... something's telling me I need to do this." You insisted, earning a sigh from both brothers.

"So, if we do this, we do it our way." Sam finally conceded, and you gave him a huge smile.

"Deal!" You agreed.

Finishing your dinner, you went to get the board while Sam and Dean did what they needed to. Coming back, you laughed at how far they had gone with this. Holy water, salt and Iron were placed on the side of the table. Symbols were drawn throughout the room, and on the table where they had you place the board.

Soon, the three of you had fingers on the planchette, a pair of hazel eyes along with green eyes staring up at you. "Alright sweetheart, this was your idea. What do you want to do?"

Taking a deep breath, you moved the planchette over the letters, repeating the spell that came with it. Asking if anyone was there, you weren't sure you were ready if someone said yes.

Letting the board take over the planchette, you were surprised when it started to move on its own. "Are you guys doing that?" You asked your boyfriend and his brother. But the looks on their faces were answer enough.

You watched as the planchette moved to the word yes. "Who are you?" You asked, watching with surprise as the point started moving once again. Moving down from the yes, it stopped for a second on a letter before moving onto the next one.

Keeping the letters in your mind, you could feel your heart beating faster as they became clear. "Y.... A.... I...D...J...I...T...S..."

The three of you spoke together, excitement lacing your words. "Ya idjits? Bobby!"