In Your Mind Part 4 Final

You didn't care what thoughts raced through your mind. It didn't matter that Dean could probably hear everything loud and clear. What mattered was getting away from the witch with all three of you alive and back where you belonged.

The witch slapped you again, your head jolting back at the motion. Cackling, she crouched over you, her breath stinking of garlic and other disgusting herbs. "Damn it, where is Sam?" Dean exclaimed in your head, his pounding footsteps echoing the ache from the witch's slap. "This isn't how this was supposed to go down!"

With stooped shoulders, the witch moved over to the counter, her steps full of excitement. She had you right where she wanted you. Just another playtoy to keep her occupied. "It gets rather lonely out here in the woods," she spoke with her back turned, her body swaying as she stirred something in a handmade pottery bowl. "By myself with just animals for company. Sure, they aren't as wicked or horrible as humans, but they also don't talk back, or run from me because I'm different."

"What's your point?" You asked. You could see movement in the corner of your eye. Sam was hiding in the shadows, barely seen in your peripheral vision. He held the gun tightly in his hand, aiming it right at the witches back.

"Does there have to be a point?" She asked, turning on her heel. "Hello Sam," she sighed dramatically. "I should have expected you would join us eventually."

"Of course I would come to the aid of my brother and friend," Sam exclaimed as he stepped further into the tiny room of the cabin. "Now fix them."

"Why should I?" She challenged, continuing to stir whatever was in the bowl, acting casually as if a gun wasn't currently being pointed at her heart. "If it wasn't for hunters I wouldn't have to live in this run down cabin, afraid at every turn."

"You're the one killing people. The one shoving other people into their minds. How can you think you're the innocent party in this?" You exclaimed, Dean, giving you an agreeing humph in your mind. "Y/N, what's in the bowl?" He asked the same question you had been wondering.

From your vantage point, you could only see the bowl, not what was inside. But she continued to mix it, holding it close to her body.

"I'm not calling myself innocent. Just annoyed at hunters in general. And as much as I enjoy inflicting pain on you, I think it's time to call a truce."

Reaching into the bowl, she pulled out a handful of a green slimy mixture. It oozed between her fingers, slowly sinking back down into the bowl. Smiling gleefully, she took a step towards you, but Sam cocked the gun back, stopping her. "Oh, Sammy, why don't you just take a nap?" Quietly she spoke in Latin and before Sam could get a shot off he was slipping to the floor, the gun falling from his hand. Within seconds he was laying on the floor, sound asleep, leaving you once again at the mercy of the witch.

"There, that's better. Now I can get down to business." Standing over you, she held the green slimy mixture over your head, letting it drip all over your hair. "As much as I want you and Dean to suffer, I now realize this is not the way."

You could feel the mixture coating your hair, tingling at your scalp. It turned warm, the smell a cross between algae water and sulfur. It was disgusting, and you sneezed, almost knocking the witch over. "This shall do the trick."

Your head pounded, feeling as if it was going to split open. Squeezing your eyes shut, you struggled against her hold, the warmth quickly turning to pain. "Y/N!" Dean exclaimed, fading in and out of your head.

"Dean, what's happening?" You exclaimed, screaming as the pounding became too much. Lights flashed in your mind when suddenly everything calmed. The ache, the lights, everything went back to normal. Even Dean was gone, which scared you immensely.

"Dean?" You thought out loud, but your thoughts were your own. No one else was in your mind. It felt weird. Even though Dean hadn't been in your mind very long, he had been a somewhat comforting presence.

Opening your eyes, you watched just as the witch's eyes opened in surprise. Dean stood beside her, the gun still smoking from the bullet he had placed directly in her heart. "No," she muttered, taking a step back. "This is not how I had this planned! You were supposed to be locked over there!"

She pointed to the cabinet in the corner as she fell to the ground. "How did....,"

"Just fools luck," Dean answered, shooting once again. This time it landed right between her eyes, killing her instantly. You watched in horror as she faded to dust.

"Y/N!" Dean came rushing over, as you realized you were no longer being held against your will. Standing up, you threw your arms around him, crushing yourself tight against him. "How are you?"

"Well, I'm covered in disgusting slime, and you probably know every thought in my mind, but we're alive and that's what matters," You muttered into his t-shirt.

"Yeah, you stink," he agreed. "But Y/N? I'm strangely grateful for this freaking witch and her spell."

"Yeah?"

Reaching down, he tilted your chin up so he could catch your gaze. "Yeah. Because you were horrible at hiding all of your feelings. And it gave me the chance to realize how stupid I've been?"

"You've been stupid?" You repeated as a blob of green slime dropped down your cheek.

"Can we have this talk after you've showered?" He suggested, but you shook your head no. "Fine. I was stupid enough to think that a girl like you could never be interested in a wreck like me. And now I've wasted so much time."

You grasped his neck, pulling him down until his lips were a breath away from yours. "Well, let's not waste anymore."

"But first...shower," he insisted just as Sam started waking up.

You took a towel from the cupboard as Dean helped his brother up. Quickly they took all of the witch's belongings, throwing them in a pile and lighting them on fire while you got the worse of the sludge from your head. With only a pile of ash left as evidence, you let Sam lead the way away from the cabin as you walked beside Dean. "Y/N, I actually am a little disappointed."

"Yeah? Why's that?" You asked, smiling as he pulled you against his side.

Leaning down, he wrinkled his nose at the smell leftover from the slime. "A woman's mind is never easy to understand. And when I was in there, I had first-hand knowledge of your feelings, and...well, what man wouldn't want that type of glimpse into how to interact with a woman? Now I'm back to square one."

You shook your head. "You know, you could always just talk to me."

"Yeah, because that's always worked with a woman," he muttered.

"We will make it work. After all, as much as I'm glad that you being in my mind led to this, I still don't want you knowing my every single thought."

Winking at you, he leaned down, whispering in your ear. "Why? Are they going to be that dirty?"

Slapping your hand on his chest, you strode forward, even though you couldn't help but smile. Having Dean in your mind had seemed like such a problem at the time, but it had turned out to be a blessing.