The Devil's Words

The man in front of you ran his finger along the glass, smiling as it frosted up from a single touch. His smile continued to grow as he turned around, crossing his arms as he stood in front of you.

"So the precious Y/N is here to try and sweet talk her way into finding out where Sam is," he chuckled darkly. "Sweetheart, I don't work that way."

Your fists were clenched tight at your side as you glared down up at Lucifer. "Damn you Lucifer. Let him go."

"I think not," he answered. "It's too much fun seeing you and Deano with your panties in a twist."

You could feel your anger boiling over, and you wanted nothing more than to slam your knife into his chest. But it would be nothing more than a pinprick to him, and wouldn't get you what you wanted in the long run. "Lucifer, please," you tried again. "There is no apocalypse. You're defeated. Holding Sam hostage is not going to do anything to help you."

Lucifer sank down in the leather chair, crossing his leg over his knee, acting as if he didn't have a worry in the world. "But you're wrong. Having Sam gives me the very thing I want. Leverage. You see, I found out something very interesting. And it was about you."

You froze, wondering if he..but no. That part of you had been buried for so long Sam didn't even know about it. "Oh, I see you know exactly what I'm talking about," Lucifer exclaimed gleefully.

"What do you want," You ground out as Lucifer pointed to the chair beside him. You sank down carefully, knowing you would have to handle the next couple of minutes very carefully.

"I have my contacts, and boy was I surprised when they told me of your little secret," he smiled gleefully, knowing he had the upper hand. "That you were one the best torturers in all of Hell. But how did you get away?"

Your jaw clenched with fear. You hadn't thought of those horrid years for a very long time, and just the mention of them had your noise filling with the familiar scents of brimstone and blood. "I don't know what you're talking about," you argued.

Lucifer leaned forward, watching you carefully, and you quickly noticed his minions had vanished from the room. "Y/N don't play with me. You went to hell, what five years ago. You grew tired of the torturing so you became the torturer. And you did so well that somehow you ended up here. But not as a Demon. A human and I want to know more. So if you want to save Sam, tell me everything. Now."

You had no choice. So you told Lucifer everything. About your previous life when you had sold your soul to save your boyfriend's life only for him to leave you. How your time had been up and you went to Hell, staying on the rack as long as possible. But when Alistair had made you the proposition for the hundredth time, you had accepted it.

Torture had never been something you enjoyed. Knowing you had caved gnawed at your stomach, filling you with guilt. But not only that, it was the fact that you had made another deal. One even worse than the years of torture.

"You're telling me you're a spy?" Lucifer cackled, throwing his head back as he laughed heartily. "Oh, this is even better than I expected! You're Crowley's pet spy, sent to get close to the Winchesters and keep him updated."

"It started out that way," you argued. "But I've broken ties with Crowley, and I love Sam. I'm not a spy anymore.

"Does he know that?" Lucifer asked, nodding to the wall as it lifted. Sam was behind it, tied to a chair, bloody and unconscious.

"Is he alive?"

"Of course," Lucifer spat. "Now tell me. Does he know about your little...side game."

You shook your head, wanting to rush over and untie Sam, to make sure he was alright. "We can keep it that way. And he can walk out of here alive and well. If you do as I ask."

It was an easy choice. You would give anything to see Sam safe once again. You had been telling Lucifer the truth. Sam and his brother had long since ceased being a job. Crowley thought you were dead, and you had fallen in love with the big, kind-hearted hunter. "Of course. Let him go and we'll talk."

"I need your old...expertise," Lucifer continued. "You'll pick up a blade and torture whoever I need?"

Flashbacks of Hell filtered through your mind. Haunted memories of rusty knives covered in blood and screams that still sent shivers down your spine. You had promised yourself that you would never do anything like that again. But it seemed to be a promise you wouldn't be able to keep. "Anything. Just let him go."

With a snap of his fingers, Lucifer woke Sam who instantly started struggling against the leather binds. "You have two minutes to say your goodbyes."

You raced over, cupping Sam's cheeks in your hands. "Sam, we don't have much time."

Sam's right eye was swollen over, a large gash on his cheek. But it was the pain in his eyes that hurt the most. "Y/N, tell me you didn't make a bargain with the devil."

A tear slid down your cheek. "I did what needed to be done. Now you and your brother can save this world from monsters like him."

"Thirty seconds!" Lucifer called out, and you quickly undid Sam's binds, wincing at the deep bruises.

"Please, don't argue or fight," you whispered. "This is for the best."

"Y/N," Sam started to say, but you were pulled from his side, landing beside Lucifer.

"Time's up," Lucifer announced. "Y/N here has decided to return to her old job in favor of releasing you. So Sam, as much as it pains me to admit it, you're free."

"Old job?" Sam repeated as he was magically pushed towards the door. "Y/N?"

Lucifer chuckled darkly. "Oh yeah. Sweet Y/N here was quite the torturer in Hell. In fact, she was so good she was given a new job. Spying over you and your brother."

You could see the shock, the hurt darkened Sam's face before he was pushed out of the room. The deadbolt turned, locking him out, and you inside with Lucifer. "Damn you!" You screamed. "You promised he wouldn't find out!"

He just raised a shoulder. "My dear, I am the Devil. Never expect me to hold up my end of the bargain."