3

—•—

——

I looked out the small train window, the capital was beautiful. I hate it.

The people that lived there didn't deserve the luxury. They didn't deserve any of it! Why must they get the dreams as the districts suffer.

"It's huge!" Leo said from beside me. "Can you believe district five powers almost all of this!" "Wow. Our little district can do that." "Apparently."

The train started to slow down. People crowded around, they all wore funny looking outfits. "Come on now we must get you two cleaned up." Lilac said pushing us away from the window. I gave one little wave and all the people were hooked. This will be easy.

Four people walk around me. I'm only in a sports bra and underwear. Feeling very uncomfortable.

"She's not to ugly." I heard. "The red hair is... different." I wanted to speak up but I didn't. How is my hair weird the man's hair is blue the woman next to me has neon yellow. The other two are behind me and I was given instructions to not move.

"Alright!" A woman's hands clapped. "Lets get her ready so Blossom has a clean canvas.

They shaved and plucked and waxed any hair I had beside my head of course. They washed and did my nails. According to the man with blue hair, "her nail beds are horrendous."

I am now in a blank room no windows. The lights flicker every once in a while, leaving me to believe I'm in a big building that's using lots of power.

The big metal door opens and stands a quite tall woman. Her hair is slicked back behind her ears with what I'm guessing is gel. She looks at me then shuts the door.

"My apologies, I can't imagine what your feeling right now. I'm Blossom Bridges." She holds her hand out. She's the first person to actually talk to me like I'm a human not a zoo animal.

"Cypress Bennett." "My, what a beautiful name." "Thank you." She walks around me. "Your hair is beautiful, it shall be the center piece!" "Aren't you suppose to show off my district?" "Yes, but I also what to show your natural beauty. In order for you to get sponsors you must be different! And since your district is right in the middle everyone's eyes go everywhere, they might miss you. But with your beauty and my wonderful designs. We will be unstoppable."

I nod my head excepting I have no other choice.

She hands me a white dress that reminded me of my reaping dress. But this one is much more elegant. I notice wiring around the waist and skirt. "What's the wire for?" I ask. "That's a surprise. Go put it on im so excited!" I walk behind a curtain.