* 12 *

—•—

——

— Finnick's pov —

"Coin can wait!" I yelled at Heavensbee. "Cypress although she can't remember you. She can remember everyone else we need her on the front lines." "The Hipnosis just needs more time!" "That is time we don't have."

"Please, Heavensbee. One more night. It's working I know it is!" He rolled his eyes. "Fine, one night. That is all." "Thank you!"

Heavensbee left with a huff, I don't care what Coin wants I'm doing what's best of Cypress.

I looked through the large window to see Cypress asleep with the headphones on.

Please let this work.

I want this to work.

No, no. Need. I need this to work.

"Hey, Finnick. Why don't you leave her for a bit." Roland said I didn't even know he came in.

"No, I'm fine." "Finnick I mean this in the nicest possible way. But you stink. Like. Bad." I pulled at my shirt and there was a distinct smell.

"I'll watch her. You go get a shower." "But what if." "If something changes I'll come get you." He patted me on my back as he pushed me out. "Fine."

——

I stood watching the water from the shower trickle down my body into the tub then make a small tornado down the drain.

I rubbed my hands all over my face wanting to wash away the memories. "It's fine Finnick. She'll be fine." Déjà vu ran over me.

I remember saying the exact same thing to myself only a few years ago. It was just when Atom became a regular client for Cypress. I would stay up until the early hours of the morning waiting for her to come back to her apartment.

She would tell me I didn't have to do that but every night ended the same. Her curled up into my side with her hand around her necklace, and tears stained to her cheeks.

I shake my head before any of my memories can come back.

I don't want to see them.

Cypress thinks Atom is good meaning she doesn't remember the pain. Roland told me during the first tests she yelled and screamed that she didn't remember. He said maybe be should stop but I said no.

I was to caught up in wanting my Cypress back when my Cypress would want this to happen.

I turned off the water and quickly dried myself off putting on new clothes.

They have to stop.

—•—