• 1 •

—•—

——

I walked into my lonely apartment. I've lived in the capital basically since I 'won' my games. I've only been to Distract Five to visit my mothers grave and Roland.

Mother died about two months after my games. Snow wanted me to know how much he was in control. And he is. I'm just getting back from a... Clients house...

I got undress and stared at myself in the bathroom mirror. My scars are still prominent, bruising from the client has formed in my thighs. I shook it off and turned on the shower.

Rubbing the filth off my skin it makes me feel like I'm shedding my skin, each rub of the cloth across my skin is erasing the hand print they made.

I try not to close my eyes. When I do flashes of my past form. I shook my head and stepped out. I used to love taking baths and showers as a kid, but now. Now there a chore. Now, I get showers to get rid of the memories. To get rid of the prints they made on me.

As I dried my hair I stared at myself. I stared at the fragile girl. The innocence I once had is hard to find.

Slowly people start to appear around me. First Elliot. Then Zayne. All the kills I did. They formed around me blood dripping from them. Last people to appear is Mother and Leo.

Leo has blood going from his head down his neck from where I had to kill him. Mother, her face is blurry but I know it's her. I don't know how she died. There's no blood on her, she's wearing a long silky white dress. She looked pure and innocent.

They all stepped forward. "Why did you kill us?" They all said together. "I didn't have a choice."

"You said you would protect me, you lied to me Cypress." Leo's voice came out raspy and harsh. It didn't sound like him. It was more. Demonic.

"I tried I swear." "Sweetie don't swear." Mother said. "Don't be anymore like your father than you already are." Tears flashed in my eyes. My throat burned.

"Stop it." I yelled. "LEAVE ME ALONE!" I screamed and slammed my hand in the mirror. The glass shattered.

My counter has a layer of mirror on it. I stare at the broken pieces. My reflection stared back. My mirror was as broken as I am.

I opened my hand after feeling warm liquid. Blood dripped from my hand. "Great." I walked into my room. White roses sat on my vanity. I grabbed the card.

'Make sure to watch tonight's annual 75th Hunger Games announcement! Love your President Snow.'

I ripped the paper and threw it away. I picked up the roses and threw them in the trash.