21

—•—

——

The dress ^^^

The dress ^^^

I had a hard time looking at the red of the dress. Each time I glanced at the elegant dress my mind filled with nightmares.

The back was opened only being held together by a couple strings. You could see my scar perfectly. The sleeves were off the shoulder so you could see the faint scars.

I sat as Blossom did my hair and make up.

Now I'm walking with peacekeepers down an unknown hallway. I heard clapping, I noticed a television showing President Snow.

"Please welcome out victor! Cypress Bennett!"

The doors open and lights flash making me squirm. I walk in as Snow leads me to the stage.

I look out in the crowd for a familiar face... Roland. He looked at me and gave me a sad smile.

After a few unbearable moments President Snow decides to crown me.

"You did wonderful in the games." He whispered to me. His voice was like venom. "You put on a great show." "I'm glad." I whispered back.

——

"You did great up there." Roland came up to me as I stood backstage. "Roland, I'm tired I just want to sleep." I groan. "No offense to Blossom but, I can't even look at the dress." I feel the burn of tears creep up to my eyes. My throat slowly grew tighter as my voice raised.

"Cypress, just calm down, all you have left is the interview with Caesar and the victory party, which has a few sponsor people and victors from years past. Who understand what your going through."

I nodded standing up straighter. "Do I look awake?" "Yes." "Okay." Peacekeepers walked in and escorted me down the familiar hallway.

It seemed like just yesterday my fellow tributes and I were waiting for our call.

I'm bombarded with claps and screams.