• 6 •

—•—

——

"Roland how do you expect to get a high score if you haven't trained?" I asked as we stood in the elevator.

"I guess I'll just have to pull a Cypress." "Pull a Cypress?" "Yeah you know, your first games you didn't train at all with swords and then you got a nine. Guess I'll just hope to have the same luck." "Ahh."

It's sad to think that just five years ago Roland was telling Leo and I to show off our skills. Now I stand here wondering how Roland will do.

It seems like a cruel déjà vu hopefully with a different ending.

We sat on District five bench. "Hello." Finnick whispered to me. "Hello." I whispered back.

"Nervous?" "Oddly enough no. Hello Mags." She waved and smiled at me. "I'm not nervous either." "We have no reason to be Finn, we'll get at least five points just by smiling at them." A memory of Leo started to play but I push it aside. Nothing can crowd my head right now.

"Beetee District three." A voice came through the speaker. I gave him a smile which he returned.

"Cypress meet Wiress and Beetee District three." "Hello lovely to meet you." "And to you, we watched your games. They were... Gut rentching." I nodded along I haven't been able to figure out what to say when people bring up my games.

"You played very smart." He tapped my temple making me slightly confused. "Wiress said your very well rounded." I looked to the woman. "Thank you." She grabbed my face her thumb resting on my scars. "Strong."

I gave her a heart warming smile. Their very peculiar but for some reason that just makes me more intrigued by them.

One by one people got called in. After Mags went in Roland was next. My leg shook up and down and my hand went to my neck playing with the necklace. I'm not nervous for me I'm nervous for him.

"Please let him do well." I mumbled.

"Cypress District five." I smiled at my name and stood up. As I walked past Johanna she hit my arm.

"Jo this is stupid!" "It's not! Whenever I see you and there a lot of people instead of me being all fluffy towards you I'll just hit you." "When will we need that? We only see Finnick on a daily basis."

"I suppose when you and Finnick get marry, on your wedding day, the Capital will have a field day and I'm strong towards the capital so instead of them seeing a different side of me I'll slap your arm." "Jo, Finn and I aren't getting married."

"Never say never."

I slightly hit her arm back. I suppose it won't be for a wedding but for the lead up to our death.

How wonderful.

Walking into the room made me angry. So many emotions passed through me as I walked through the doors.

I don't care if I get a high score or not. I looked up to see all the game makers eyes on me. I gave them a sarcastic salute.

"YOU HAVE TEN MINUTES"

I looked around then raised my hand. "I have a question?" A blonde slightly chubby man nodded. "Will I get more points if I acted like I cared?" They all looked taken aback by my comment.

Their faces were priceless!

They all shook their head no. "Darn." I sarcastically said. "I'll just leave than." I started to walk to the door but I know deep down I need a slightly good score.

I grabbed a knife and flung it into a dummies head. Right where a forehead should be. Then walked away. Quite proud of myself.

—•—