* 27 *

—•—

 ——

——

I looked around over my shoulder. Nervousness ran through me, I hate being here.

We all stood around looking at each other waiting for Katniss to walk in.

We all stood around at the circle table. I nervously picked at my fingernails, and rubbed my neck.

Katniss finally walked in

"What's this?" She asked. "The remaining victors. Wont you join us?" Coin said as we all took a seat.

The chairs were a few feet apart, but I was closest to Johanna and Peeta.

I pulled down the sleeves on my grey sweatshirt and rested my head on them. I made sure I kept a bored expression. I do not want to be here. Knowing Finnick could wake up any moment and be scared. He needs to know I'm here.

"I have invited you all here for several reasons, but first, I have an announcement. I have taken the burden and the honor of declaring myself Interim President of Panem."

I rolled my eyes at coin as Haymitch scoffed. "Interim? Exactly how long is that interim?" "We have no way of knowing for certain. But it's clear that people are far too emotional right now to make a rational decision."

I laughed, all heads turned to me. "I'd say, I told you this would happen. I said people would get hurt by attacking Snow. I said we needed to be strategic about this and you just injected me with some crap and next thing I know I'm in distract eight, are we sure you can actually handle this job! And my memory might not be the best but I definitely know you aren't a victor! Haven't you been hiding out in thirteen for the last couple of years!"

"Cypress Bennett is back." Haymitch mumbled as he took a sip from his drink. I smirked and rolled my eyes.

"We'll plan election when the time is right." I slammed my hands on the table with a loud groan. "Oh please, you just made yourself in charge I know you won't give it up that easily. You'll ride this out! Until people beg you to step down. Which I'll start." I gave her a smug smile.

"I am glad for you input Ms Bennett, I'll keep it in mind. But I have called you here for more important vote." "Oh so we can vote?" "Excuse me?" She turns to me annoyed.

"You just said you weren't letting anyone vote cause their far to emotional. But the ones that were in the Capitol, that were drugged, tortured. The ones that witnessed death among their friends, we can vote." She swallowed hard.

"Cypress please." "You know why Snow only has circle tables." I said in a deep husky whisper making all eyes that weren't on me before definitely are now.

"To make it appear we all are equal. But he's a snake you see it in his eyes. It's false. He wants to appear that way so you won't think of him any different. False sense of security he loves that. But if you notice, he loves to talk. He basically makes himself the head of the table. And right now, you're doing a lot of talking."

"I'm not. I haven't been able to get a word out because of you." "Oh, then I'm doing my job." I smiled.

She took a deep breath trying to compose herself.

"This afternoon, we will execute Snow. Hundreds of his accomplices also await their deaths. Capitol officials, Peacekeepers, torturers, Gamemakers. But the danger is, once we begin, the rebels will not stop calling for retribution. Thirst for blood is a difficult urge to satisfy. So I offer an alternative plan. Majority of four may approve it. No one may abstain. The proposal is this. In lieu of these barbaric executions, we hold a symbolic Hunger Games."

You could feel the tension in the room with the words Hunger Games. Johanna started to laugh.

"You wanna have another Hunger Games with the Capitols Children?" "You're joking?" Peeta said after Johanna.

"Not in the slightest." "Is this Plutarch's idea?" Haymitch asked.

"It was mine." "Oh great another psychotic President." I said shaking my head.

"It balances the need for revenge with the least loss of human life. You may cast your votes."

"No. No, obviously not. This is crazy." Peeta spoke first I nodded my head in agreement.

"I think it's more than fair. Snows got a granddaughter. I say yes." "Jo!" "What?" "So do I." Enobaria said. "Let them have a taste of it."

"You guys, this way of thinking is what started these uprisings." "I vote, no with Peeta." Annie said.

"I'm with them, no. If Roland and Finnick were here they'd say no. We were born into the district life we had no choice. Just like those kids. They didn't chose to be born in the Capitol. Erika didn't chose to be Snows granddaughter! So no." I spoke up.

"No. We need to stop viewing each other as enemies." Beetee said. "It's down to Katniss and Haymitch."

"I get to kill Snow." Katniss said. She's had the same emotionless expression this entire time.

"I expected no less of you." "Then I vote yes. For Prim."

I scoffed. "This would've been the last thing Prim wanted." I said under my breath but just loud enough for her to hear.

"And Haymitch?" "I'm with the mockingjay." "That carries the vote. Excellent. We'll announce the Games tonight after the execution."

I shook my head. I scoffed getting up my chair falling behind me.

I slammed my hands on the door leaving the room. "Are we sure Coin isn't the one with the thirst of blood, congratulations becoming Presidents Snows little minions." I said before shutting the door.

—•—