• 3 •

—•—

——

"ROLAND YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!" I screamed at him. "There's nothing left for me Cypress."

"What about Blossom or even your son! Huh! What about me! Why cant you stay for me! I NEED YOU!" I screamed at him my voice became scratchy to the point it became painful for me.

"I need you!" I repeat as tears streamed down my face. "You can't leave me. You're all I have left." Not a second goes by. He wrapped his arms around my body as I fall to my knees. Sobs are making me unable to speak.

My hand went straight up to my neck to play with the clock from my necklace.

"You're fine Cypress." He strokes my hair comfortingly. "You're... all..." "I know sweet pea. I know." I held onto him so tight.

He can't leave me. He can't give up. He has to fight. We have to make it.

"I've already lost one of the best District partner to the games. I cant lose another one." I noticed his chest stopped rising. I look up to make sure he was okay. "You haven't brought up Leo in a while." He looked at me. "I can't lose you." I said dismissing his comment.

The truth is if he leaves me I'll only have Finnick. My stylist and I have a good bond but not as much as I do with Blossom. Lilac she's always so reserved now. She barely talks. 

I get letters from other victors checking up on me but it's not a bond. Johanna Mason winner of the 71 hunger games writes to me a lot. She's one of my best friends. I sadly don't get to see her but we talk a lot.

It's manly Finn that I see on a daily basis.

I get up making his hands drop from my back. "I'm gonna go to my room." I wiped my tears and went straight to my room.

—•—

Authors note:

Thank you so much for 1k reads!!!

I hope you are enjoying the story!